High standard victor shoots 2 rounds @same time

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Gunner057

High standard victor shoots 2 rounds @same time

Post by Gunner057 »

Hello everyone looking for some help with my high standard victor,my last 200 rounds I shot ,4 times my gun fired 2 rounds with one trigger pull, it don't happen all the time, thank you
scausi

problem

Post by scausi »

Machine gunning normaly happens if the sear engagement is too light,
or there is some crap build up in the trigger housing area , i would suggest either strip it down and clean , or try a quick fix by blowing it out with air gun (if you have compressor)
cheers .S
Gunner057

Post by Gunner057 »

Scausi ,Thank for info.i'll brake it down and try blowing it out.thank again
Misny

Post by Misny »

There are a lot of things that could cause this. The firing pin might be sticking, due to dirt or because it is broken or worn. The firing pin spring might need replacing. The hole where the firing pin travels might have a burr or dirt. It could be slam firing because of the build-up of dirt or the bolt face has changed dimensions over many thousands of rounds. As was already stated, it could be a problem with the sear/ hammer engagement due to wear, the setting of the trigger weight adjustment screw (too light) or dirt.
waxman

Post by waxman »

If its two X's, who cares? :)
Just kidding! Going auto is a very dangerous situation. It may well start emptying the magazine next.
I would not load more than one round in the mag at a time until the problem is found and fixed.
Strip and clean is a start, and maybe during that you'll find the culprit.
JFuller

Victor maxim

Post by JFuller »

I think I remember having a SP maxim about 30yrs ago and found I had a firing pin that had broken in half, allowing the unattached front half to fly forwades after the slide closed and fire the next round(s).

Not sure if this was on my Victor or another gun, good luck.

John