Rosy cheeks?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Rosy cheeks?

Post by Rover »

Or are you just freezing your ass off?

It's 70 degrees and sunny here in Phoenix.

Don't you think it's time to consider shooting the Desert Midwinter?
Red-feather

Yes...freezing arse

Post by Red-feather »

It has been a dream of mine to move to Northern Minnesota( currently north central) in five years for retirement as I love hunting/fishing as much as I love shooting.....

HOWEVER; this last month and a half of -35° F is having me RE-THINK that dumb idea and move SOUTH.....
There seems to be a bigger interest to 10M and benchrest shooting where a warmer climate is found....I'm about the only dumb one at the outdoor range on some of these days doing any shooting....lol
Rover

Post by Rover »

I have to admit that hunting and fishing in the AZ desert leaves much to be desired.

I guess you'll just have to come to the Midwinter for a week or so and check things out. This will also offer you the golden opportunity to buy me a few beers.
Red-feather

Post by Red-feather »

Hahaha ....can do,
These forums are great rescources and most times a wealth of knowledge when you realize how to cut through the bs being said...
Maybe I'm shallow in my older years...but almost seem to want to enjoy the company in person of those you read thier posts.....and virtually in this web world seem to get on a personal level...???
Sorry bout the ramble.....kids are out of the nest and on thier own, wife has passed on, and friends dont seem to have the energy to keep up out in the deep freeze with me and the dog anymore....

Lol I know..; whaah whaah whaah.....
Red~~~~
Rover

Post by Rover »

There are a bunch of high energy cranky old farts that shoot here, myself among them. There is a lot knowledge among them, too, with continual abuse as it is shared. No whining here, but lots of fun!

If you come for the Midwinter you will be able to gobble gut-destroying Mexican food that brings tears to the eyes of the Mid-Westerners. You will be able to shoot next to some of the best in the country, pick their brains, and grovel at their feet.

Did I mention beer?
Fabian

Midwinter

Post by Fabian »

The Match in Arizona is well organized, attended by great shooters, and everyone does a good job at making you feel welcomed. Highly recommended, hopefully i will be able to go back with a couple of friends.

Carlos
Rover

Post by Rover »

Fabian just likes it because we give away a bunch of .45s.