AW93 QUESTIONS

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

JimPGov

AW93 QUESTIONS

Post by JimPGov »

I'VE GOT AN INTEREST IN A AW93 FROM A FRIEND WHO'S GIVING UP BULLSEYE. IN USE A MARVEL RIGHT NOW. I HAD A HAMMERLI 280 BUT DIDN'T LIKE IT. HAD A 208 , NICE BUT I SHOT THE MARVEL JUST AS WELL. IT'S THE AW93 LIGHTWEIGHT. CAN I PUT ON THE STEEL WEIGHT INSTEAD OF THE ALLOY TO BRING IT UP TO FULL WEIGHT? JP
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Sure, the recoil buffers are easily exchangeable, but not cheap.

Also, you might find that you have to tweek your ammo a bit to get good functioning.
JimPGov

Post by JimPGov »

PLEASE EXPLAIN? HOW WOULD I TWEEK 22 AMMO? IS THERE A SIZING DIE OR SOMETHING.
HOW ABOUT DOES ANYBODY USE AGULIA 22 FROM THE CMP?
HOW ABOUT WIN T22? IN THEIR AW93 THAT IS. JP
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

JimPGov wrote:PLEASE EXPLAIN? HOW WOULD I TWEEK 22 AMMO? IS THERE A SIZING DIE OR SOMETHING.
HOW ABOUT DOES ANYBODY USE AGULIA 22 FROM THE CMP?
HOW ABOUT WIN T22? IN THEIR AW93 THAT IS. JP

Just saying that the lightweight recoil buffer may allow the gun to function reliably with sub sonic ammo. If standard target ammo causes functioning issues, you may need to keep the gun very clean, and start using something with a little more power. My AW likes Wolf Match Target.
JimPGov

Post by JimPGov »

OK I FIGURED THAT IT WAS AMMO SENSITIVE. BUT I THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE A SIZING DIE LIKE DON NYGORD HAD MADE FOR PELLETS. I WAS ASKING ABOUT THE AMMO (T22 AND AGULIA) BECAUSE I HAVE A CASE OF EACH. I WOULD HATE TO BUY CASE OF AMMO JUST FOR THE GUN. THAT WOULD REALLY INCREASE THE COST. JP
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

JimPGov wrote:OK I FIGURED THAT IT WAS AMMO SENSITIVE. BUT I THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE A SIZING DIE LIKE DON NYGORD HAD MADE FOR PELLETS. I WAS ASKING ABOUT THE AMMO (T22 AND AGULIA) BECAUSE I HAVE A CASE OF EACH. I WOULD HATE TO BUY CASE OF AMMO JUST FOR THE GUN. THAT WOULD REALLY INCREASE THE COST. JP

You can use any ammo for practice, but if you want to shoot competition with a gun, my advice is buy what it likes, and go to the match with confidence that it will function every darn time.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

I have both the standard and the lightweight recoil blocks, they are the same internally, they only differ in the weight, so nothing is required to be changed as to ammo, it only effects how the gun feels balance wise. Mine shoots the same ammo the same with either one.
JimPGov

Post by JimPGov »

IS ANYONE SHOOTING NON-EUROPEAN AMMO WITH SUCCESS? JIM P
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

JimPGov wrote:IS ANYONE SHOOTING NON-EUROPEAN AMMO WITH SUCCESS? JIM P

Yes, I dont have any issues with CCI sv as long as I keep the gun clean.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

mine shoots aguila sv, perfect and with good accuracy, its Mexican made, just like eley sport
JimPGov

Post by JimPGov »

THIS IS THE TYPE OF INFO I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. I THINK MAYBE I'LL BUY IT. JIM P
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

JimPGov wrote:THIS IS THE TYPE OF INFO I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. I THINK MAYBE I'LL BUY IT. JIM P
Beware of screwing with the trigger weight, and roll. You can move it back and forth easily enough to adjust for length, but adjusting it for weight and length of stage is not easy, and most people break a tiny screw that they really need.
JimPGov

Post by JimPGov »

OK THANKS