lube on air cylinder threads

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

randy1952

Threads

Post by randy1952 »

I had galling problems when I used a silicon spray, so I started using TW25B a synthetic lube from Mil comm on the threads and the o-rings and only a small amount is needed every year. TW25B is synthetic and won't cause any diesel effect in an airgun. The lube doesn't wear or breakdown like the petroleum based lubes I used to use. The military is using the lube and is moving away from petroleum based lubes as these lubes attract more dirt. The lube will operate from - 85 F / - 54 C to + 450 F / +232 C.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

I use a very thin coat of regular semi-synthetic motor oil. Preferably clean. Doesn't need to be done very often in my experience.

Fushs branded Titan 15W-40
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

I apologize for this delay in response from us, as well as for the lack of specifics in the manual. But many of the instructions you see are directly translated from Italian and some specifics are lost in translation. Any oil is good to use so long as it does not have any acidity in it to degrade the O-ring, in addition, one that does not have too much buildup. A good one we have used in the past and seen other people use is Super Lube 21010
PardiniUSA

Post by PardiniUSA »

SamEEE wrote:I use a very thin coat of regular semi-synthetic motor oil. Preferably clean. Doesn't need to be done very often in my experience.

Fushs branded Titan 15W-40
This is also a very good option and recommended from Pardini, the amount has to be very small though.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nra/ssusa_201007/#/16

That is an article about airgun maintenance that our host wrote. I tend to follow that.
I use a small dab of Feinwerkbau grease on my threads after every 1000 pellets or so. I clean the threads as best as I can before apply the grease.
Matt
pauln

Post by pauln »

PardiniUSA wrote:I apologize for this delay in response from us, as well as for the lack of specifics in the manual. But many of the instructions you see are directly translated from Italian and some specifics are lost in translation. Any oil is good to use so long as it does not have any acidity in it to degrade the O-ring, in addition, one that does not have too much buildup. A good one we have used in the past and seen other people use is Super Lube 21010
Thanks for reply, I note Super Lube 21010 is available as both an oil and a grease. Which would you recomend ? Well it would also seem that the good old break free as suggested would be good also . Or even a little of that Mobile 1 sitting on the shelf lol