update on AZ Airgun Expo and Shoot

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

shootright

update on AZ Airgun Expo and Shoot

Post by shootright »

Tempe, Arizona – When we told you that Shoot Right was developing a 3-Gun Airgun (.177) event for airgun shooters, Also an Airgun Pistol Steels (.177) program we had a lot of inquires about both programs.

Our first event is going to be Dec. 14-15 2013, the weekend of our Airgun Expo and Shoot at the CAASES/Shoot Right Education and Training Center in Tempe AZ. There will be two sessions each day; a whole lot of steels falling and lead flying Saturday, and a lot of 3-gun Shooting Sunday.

Starting at 11am, shooters will run through one course with four stations. Saturday on Sunday they will run through 1 track of 3 gun inside the center. 3 gun requires the use of the AR15-style rifle, a cx4 storm rifle, or Crosman 1077 rifle and a blowback airpistol. For the Airpistol steels it is required to use an airpistol with a blowback system. Just remember, all of these guns are airguns. All airguns are required to shoot <600 fps. This will all be done on 14 of the 20 lanes on Shoot Right’s 10 meter airgun range.

The day will be divided into two special sessions... one starting at 11am and the other at 3pm. The sessions are open to ages 8-adult, and when you buy admission to the expo you get one free shooting session. The per-session fee is $5 ea. As a special for coming out that day, Shoot Right is offering a $20 pass that will allow you to shoot in 5 sessions throughout the day, Saturday or Sunday.

Rob “Coach” Potter, Randy Morgan, Chuck Woosley and Jimmy Heatherly (members of CAASES/Shoot Right Education and Training Center) built all the Steel targets and wood standing targets being used for the shoot. Orders for the Steel target will be available at the Airgun Expo.

Though the airpistol and 3 gun program doesn't kick off until 2014, that doesn't mean you should wait to register to host a shoot at your airgun/airsoft range. Email Coach Potter rob@shootrightaz.org if interested or if you have any questions.

“For first time airgun shooters, you’re going to be surprised," says Coach Potter. "They are not very noisy, very little recoil, and plan on getting some shots on the target. The kids are really going to love it."

CAASES/Shoot Right Education and Training Center is a 7,500 square foot airgun/ archery range located at 2127 S. Priest Dr. Ste. 404 in Tempe AZ. For more information call 602-288-5324​ or check the website http://www.shootrightaz.org/14.html. Vendor tables are also available for the Airgun Expo to sell some of your airguns/airsoft/paintball guns and equipment. Visit our web site to see sponsors an those who have donated.
MGBOB

Post by MGBOB »

Help me out here, please.

What exactly is a "air pistol with a blowback system?"

This is an unfamiliar terminology to me. I know what CO2, SSP and PCP are but have never heard of blowback.
shootright

Blowback System

Post by shootright »

MGBOB wrote:Help me out here, please.

What exactly is a "air pistol with a blowback system?"

This is an unfamiliar terminology to me. I know what CO2, SSP and PCP are but have never heard of blowback.
If you see blowback on a airpistol, the action (slide) works like a reg firearm.
These are the airpistol we are new giving intro in to pistol to new shooters or during a pistol course.
I see you are in Mesa AZ come to the expo and shoot one of these pistols with a blowback sytem.
MGBOB

Post by MGBOB »

Ah, I understand now.

After the EXPO will you be allowing members to use PCP and SSP air pistols on your range or are you restricting the range to blowback air pistols only?
shootright

Now and after expo up to 22cal rifle or pistol.

Post by shootright »

MGBOB wrote:Ah, I understand now.

After the EXPO will you be allowing members to use PCP and SSP air pistols on your range or are you restricting the range to blowback air pistols only?
shootright

AZ Expo and Shoot update

Post by shootright »

AZ expo was posted in Ammoland National newsletter
http://www.ammoland.com/2013/10/shoot-r ... z2ieVOANk7

We have updated our web site EXPO site with sponsors, shooting event times, Seminar times and raffle items http://shootrightaz.org/14.html