What frame mount to mount match dot 2 on 1911 style

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

kswebb1

What frame mount to mount match dot 2 on 1911 style

Post by kswebb1 »

Looking to mount an ultradot matchdot 2 on my dan wesson pm9.What are the most stable frame mounts for the 1911 style pistol?
Sixftunda

Post by Sixftunda »

I have used a Weigand frame mount on my Wadgun for a year now. I bought the drill fixture and installed it myself. After I dry fit it, I cleaned the frame mount and screws in a ultrasonic cleaner and then put it together with red Loctite. The gun has seen at least 1000 rounds and the screws have not budged. The downside to a Weigand IMO is that the red dot is not as close to the barrel as a slide mount. It is quite noticeable if you were to switch from a slide mount to the frame mount. The recoil is much softer and I made Master with that gun and can consistently shoot HM sustained fire scores with it.

For the ultimate frame mount you need to check out David Sams frame mount for the Aimpoint Micro. http://www.samscustomgunworksusa.com/ne ... rsale.html

Jerry Keefer has posted some frame mount pictures here as well if you look. He would be a good one to talk to about frame mounts.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Les baer frame mounts are very good i have never seen any issues with them, you can buy direct from them or maybe brownells.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

David Sams and Jerry Keefer frame mounts are the most stable.
Attachments
image.jpg
dronning

Post by dronning »

GunRunner wrote:Les baer frame mounts are very good i have never seen any issues with them, you can buy direct from them or maybe brownells.
+1
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
kswebb1

Thanks

Post by kswebb1 »

Thanks to all who answered now I just have to find a good pistol smith near me
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

It sits a little higher, but I shot bullseye for 10 yrs. using a grip mount. They are less expensive but solid. It's not as sexy looking, but I shot NRA Expert indoors and Master outdoors so it works. Frame mount is the best if you don't mind drilling and tapping your frame for a bunch of holes. I tried a slide mount and the recoil busted the dot loose on my red dot. Ultra dot replaced it, but told me not to use a slide mount.