lp 400 trigger loosens quickly

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
amarinder

lp 400 trigger loosens quickly

Post by amarinder »

when i bought the gun..for first 3-4 months the trigger was around 500 gm as set by company . after it lightened for the first time and i tightened it...it becomes loose again and again like after 50 shots. how to deal with this.

and what is the let- off point in lp 400 air pistol. i once mistakenly rotated this screw in clock wise ..thinking its for tightening the trigger.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

On the subject of LP400 - what is the difference between adjusting trigger screws d and e. They both appear to accomplish the same thing ie first stage travel.
Rover

Post by Rover »

We were discussing such things at the match this morning. The best solution seemed to be a dab of clear nail polish. Don't know why it had to be clear.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

For electronic assemblies, the tradition is red nail polish, so you can tell that it's been glued. It's more important if you actually use Locktite. Seeing red, blue, or purple on a screw is an important clue as to how hard it might be to remove or adjust.
william

Post by william »

Rover wrote:We were discussing such things at the match this morning. The best solution seemed to be a dab of clear nail polish. Don't know why it had to be clear.
Clear is so that nobody can see that real men are using nail polish. Pretty soon I suspect you'll 'fess up and let us know you apply eye shadow to blacken your sights.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

william wrote:... 'fess up and let us know you apply eye shadow to blacken your sights.
there is a great hair spray for this job
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

so what is the difference between screws d and e?
amarinder

Post by amarinder »

so, it means that i tighten the screw at 500gm and put a dab of nailpolish on the screw at 12-o clock to mark it as reference point. and whenever it moves , i rotate it to same place. is that right?
Rover

Post by Rover »

No, it means once you have set the screw it is locked in place by the dried polish (or Loc-Tite).

I suppose your woman could spare you a single drop.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

jbshooter wrote:On the subject of LP400 - what is the difference between adjusting trigger screws d and e. They both appear to accomplish the same thing ie first stage travel.
No, d = first stage travel (long/short), e = let off point (sharp/soft)
"Use the setscrew (d) to adjust the distance between the rest position of the trigger finger piece and the let-off point.
- To reduce the first stage travel, turn the screw clockwise.
- To increase the first stage travel, turn the screw counterclockwise."

"Let-off point:
Set the let-off point using the setscrew (e).
To move it forward, turn the screw clockwise.
To move it back, turn the screw counterclockwise"

See http://www.carl-walther.de/public/downl ... IT_web.pdf , page 26 ff
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Your words sharp/soft for the let-off intrigued me so I began experimenting. I assume the softer setting is when the screw e is turned clockwise as far as it will go? and screw d is correspondingly turned anticlockwise (the trigger mounting bar is then lowered). And first stage weight will need readjusting.
This gave me a softer feel upon release.
Ulrich Eichstädt

Post by Ulrich Eichstädt »

I was now confused myself a little bit and called Thomas Bretschneider, head of the design team in Ulm: Screw e defines the position (in a small area of course) in which the trigger blade stands when the shot breaks. Difficult to explain, but it's somehow like altering the first stage travel "from the other end". If you have turned it clockwise, the let-off position comes a bit forward (direction to the muzzle). Normally there is no need to change the factory position, because (as you found out already) also the first stage travel has to be readjusted then. Screw e influences the point, where it contacts the larger level behind it. I would not touch it... (too late).

Good thing seems to be that the trigger characteristics, i.e. how the let-off breaks (crisp or not), are not changed by screw e. (it was easier to design here a screw instead of a fixed nuckle or hook or whatever, it hadn't necessarily to be a screw - now we have to live with it... :) )