Full mens 3p final video from ECH.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

havardma

Full mens 3p final video from ECH.

Post by havardma »

A nice video from this years ECH mens 3p final is put up on youtube with no cuts (changeover time between positions are shown).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN4kJ7fnHG4
Abi

Post by Abi »

Thank you for sharing!
DavePat

Post by DavePat »

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.
DavePat

Post by DavePat »

Was watching the above video and am wondering about some numbers that were thrown around.

1. The announcer mentioned that most of the rifles were at around 8.0 kg or 17.6 lbs. My brand new Anschutz 2013 barreled action with the long 690mm heavy barrel mounted in an Anschutz 2018 Precise stock and with full sight set, hand stop, bipod, etc. comes in at exactly 14 lbs and feels heavy for an old fart like me. I'm using it for prone only. Are most people shooting 17.6 lb rifles in prone ?????

2. They also mentioned that they were using what sounded like a single stage trigger set at around 80 to 100 grams pull weight. My gun came from the factory set at around 3oz per stage for a total of 6oz. Did I really hear that right ? What are most international level shooters using for trigger pull weight in prone ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

8.0Kg is the limit for men's smallbore rifles, so there should not be any heavier than this. The announcer is Willi Grill, head of equiment control, so he should know this. If you look, some competitors like Peter Sidi have extra weights added to the rifle to alter the balance. Then add an extension tube and the weight is nudging upwards.

I think the discussion of triggers related to the French team. The second announcer was an offical in that team.
ZD

Post by ZD »

Havardma,

Thanks so much for posting this. The video is well done and I have been really interested in seeing how the athletes switch over, as the issf cuts changeover out of their videos.