Fun/Carnival shooting games for public events?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

bdutton

Fun/Carnival shooting games for public events?

Post by bdutton »

I have been asked by the local Kiwanis club to come up with an idea to have our club team to do a shooting oriented game at a Kiwanis sponsored Pumpkin Fest.

I figure whatever we do, it should be safe for children ages 6 and up.

Any ideas?

I should add... we are a precision rifle team.
Last edited by bdutton on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

AP or AR at balloons.
montster

Gamo Targetrs

Post by montster »

Our boy scout troop this year has run two fundraisers at hunting/fishing shows. We used gamo knockdown targets (field target) and crosman co2 rifles on bulk fill/ tethered to a co2 tank.

The plink plink plink attracted lots of attention. We charged a small fee for each loaded magazine. Boys raised about $50 an hour using 1 air rifle.

CO2 power factor allowed us to use crosman portable indoor range. In another setup we used double layers of packing blankets (5 dollars each) hung behind the targets for a backstop. A cheap shag carpet/rug hung behind for a backstop might also work well. Just test everything for safety concerns like rebound, ricochet etc. Use only light wadcutters that flatten out easily.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Breakable targets, definitely. Or something you can knock down. Necco wafers would be good breakables. Crackers, too - might be better to use crackers, they're bigger.
honeybadger

Re: Fun/Carnival shooting games for public events?

Post by honeybadger »

bdutton wrote:a shooting oriented game at a Kiwanis sponsored Pumpkin Fest.
Um, maybe you could shoot pumpkins? I'll bet they make a great "splat" sound.
bdutton

Post by bdutton »

No firearms. Its going to be shot in a field and we dont have that much control over where we set up. Kids 6 and up are my guidelines too.
wrc177

Post by wrc177 »

Many decades ago, our Explorer Post set up a "target shooting" booth at the local Boy Scout Scout-a-rama (where units display their special interests). A couple of our talented Explorers made target-rifle style rubber band guns, with a 1407-style stock that looked great and shot extra-large rubber bands. It was a lot of fun, different, and a non-firearm intro to target shooting for a general audience. Targets were plastic cut out of milk jugs, and 35mm film canisters (remember them?!). We got the idea from the rubber band rifles that were sold at souvenir shops like Stuckeys (remember THEM?!).