TOZ35m Trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tracker

TOZ35m Trigger

Post by Tracker »

My TOZ is a LNIB that was stored since 1986. I want to slightly rotate the trigger and have tried loosening the appropriate screw; screw #2, as listed on Pilk.s website, but I still cannot get the trigger assembly to rotate. I want to be sure and keep the witness marks aligned.
Any suggestions will be gristly appreciated.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

To rotate the trigger blade you must loose screw n*3

FredB

sorry Luke

Post by FredB »

Sorry LukeP, but the 10P files are correct. In the diagram screw #2 is supposed to loosen the trigger assembly for rotating the trigger, and screw #3 loosens the blade for moving it up and down while keeping the witness marks aligned. However it's not uncommon, on a TOZ that has not been used much, for the rotating assembly to be kind of frozen in place due to production burrs on the metal or possibly a little rust. You need to take the assembly apart and clean it up to make it work as it's supposed to work.

HTH,
FredB
j-team

Post by j-team »

well it depends on what you want to rotate.

Screw 3 will rotate the shoe only, screw 2 will rotate the action of the trigger (ie, allow you to pull it sideways). It also allows you to slide it forward and back to change the length of pull.

The witness mark shows you which way the cam is pointing so you know which way the trigger will pivot.
Tracker

Post by Tracker »

Thanks j-team, your explanation is what I was looking for. I just want to slightly rotate the shoe, but I had heard all these warnings that the "alignment marks must match" or the trigger would not work properly, etc. Thanks again to everyone who provided a response.[/quote]
FredB

Post by FredB »

Tracker wrote:Thanks j-team, your explanation is what I was looking for. I just want to slightly rotate the shoe, but I had heard all these warnings that the "alignment marks must match" or the trigger would not work properly, etc. Thanks again to everyone who provided a response.
It's probably exaggerating to say that "the trigger would not work properly", but if you don't keep the index marks lined up, the trigger will not work optimally. You may not feel a little misalignment, but you won't get the full benefit of the TOZ's amazingly designed trigger. And if you do it the way it was designed to be done, you give yourself the full range of trigger positioning available. Of course it's your choice.