equipment odor

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Grape712

equipment odor

Post by Grape712 »

A long hot summer has resulted in a strong sweat odor in my sons jacket and pants any ideas would be appreciated
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Are they all canvas or canvas and leather?

If all canvas, you can wash the clothing but hang outside to dry. Do not put in clothes dryer.

Febreze is also an option...have some fun and get him a floral scent!
ken
KatoomDownUnder

Odour reduction

Post by KatoomDownUnder »

Other than as mentioned washing and febreze one way you can help to reduce or eliminate odour is with a Merino wool top and leggings. I use a lightweight Icebreaker long sleeve top in summer as it breathes very well but because it's odourless it seems to stop my jacket cuffs from getting to manky.
As for my glove well that get really rank in a Sydney summer and that just gets washed.
23's Dad

I just found these for my glove!

Post by 23's Dad »

http://shopbushido.com/glove-deodorizer.html

Rank smelling gloves are a problem for fighters too. I work near their shop, and happened upon these products while I was getting equipment for my other interests.

They work surprisingly well! I've got one shoved into both of my gloves (I alternate between a new and old glove). These deodorizers work a lot better than stuffing them with used dryer sheets - my former method.

Post by Guest »

Get one of the wide "shoulder saver" hangers for the coat. Place an unfolded dryer sheet in the shoulder/armpit area while hanging. Place in a well ventilated area for air circulation.

For the pants use a heavy duty hanger with clips, hang them open.