AR2079B Air Rifle or any of the QB78 family

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kbergphd

AR2079B Air Rifle or any of the QB78 family

Post by kbergphd »

I was just wondering what kind of experience people have had with this rifle from Archer Airguns, as to their accuracy and reliability. I am shooting a TauBrno200 now and wonder how it would compare. Thanks, Kent.
Eurastus

Re: AR2079B Air Rifle or any of the QB78 family

Post by Eurastus »

kbergphd wrote:I was just wondering what kind of experience people have had with this rifle from Archer Airguns, as to their accuracy and reliability. I am shooting a TauBrno200 now and wonder how it would compare. Thanks, Kent.
I bought one for my boys many years ago when they were small.

Craftsmanship is nonexistent. Accuracy is poor. Trigger, to tell the truth, is actually OK. The stock is ugly but light and short, though. That's why I picked it up.

It served its purpose as an inexpensive, small rifle with target-style controls and peep sights. The boys learned a lot, liked shooting it, and when it got dropped, I didn't have a coronary.

Now that they're big enough to handle full-size rifles, I've got them shooting my older FWB airguns (300S and 602). Scores went up 75-100 points immediately.

My youngest put it best when he said, after shooting the FWB, "Dad, the Chinese gun sucks...but I never knew that when I was shooting it."

I'm not sorry I bought it and will keep it for when the boys' friends or other visitors want to give target-style shooting a go.

I would never give up that TAU for one...not in a million years. Keep shooting what you've got; it's the better rifle of the two. No question.

Oh yea, I must admit that it was very reliable, though. Many tins of pellets down the barrel and never one bit of problem.