Pardini questions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Anodyne

Pardini questions

Post by Anodyne »

I would like to know if there is a better manual for the SP than the provided one.
My manual covers all the Pardini range in Italian, English, French and German but doesn't cover sight adjustment for the SP or any instructions for the four allen screws on the rear of the rear sight. I presume they are to adjust the sight width but what else?
The manual has oblique lines in a pattern on each page which reduces readability. There are only minimal instructions- four half pages 6 x 4 inches approx.
Finally the parts diagrams are so small that they are unreadable and there is no legend to describe the part number!
I have tried to download a manual but apart from no lines, and slightly bigger diagrams this is no better.

I have no complaints about the gun, this is my second and I have one on order for my son. My several Walther and Hammerli guns have reasonable manuals, I feel Pardini could do a bit better
rmca

Post by rmca »

Strait from the source:

http://www.pardini.it/weapon/download.asp

You probably need the "Manual 2004 2008" and on page 45 you have:

"LG SCREW: adjust the width of the rear-sight aperture, turning clockwise increases the width"

The four screws in the back are not for adjustment, they just hold the sight together.

Hope this helps
Anodyne

Pardini questions

Post by Anodyne »

Thank you for your help and prompt reply.
I had downloaded this manual but didn't think to look for adjustments for the new SP sights under "TRIGGER MECHANISM ADJUSTMENTK2 K2S K5" where there is one line about the sights amongst all the trigger screw adjustments.
I maintain that with the ease of digital publishing that Pardini could produce a better manual, product specific and in the language of the country in which it is sold. Apart from occasional interest in looking up a part name, in say German, I don't want to have to wander through three additional languages. It could be online if printing costs are too high
If anyone doubts my comments re the manual, have a look at a fellow shooters copy! My Walther manuals are much more instructive.
I still don't know how many mm for each click (have only shot once in a match and had a guess- not a great score)
David Levene

Re: Pardini questions

Post by David Levene »

Anodyne wrote: I still don't know how many mm for each click (have only shot once in a match and had a guess- not a great score)
I have always considered this to be one of the first things to check when getting a new gun.

Shoot a group.
Adjust 10 clicks left.
Shoot a group and note how much it has moved.
Adjust 10 clicks down.
Shoot a group and note how much it has moved.
Adjust 10 clicks right and up.
Shoot a group to make sure the group has returned to the original position.

If the gun has a click-adjustable rear sight gap then open it up and check whether the group has moved. On some guns only one side of the rear sight will move.
rmca

Post by rmca »

First let me agree with you on the lack of info on the rear sight, and believe me, that it took quite a while for me to find that when I needed it a few months back.

I guess the reason why they put in the same manual different guns and different languages is just cost. It's probably less expensive to just add the same little book to all guns, no matter what guns it is or here will it be shipped to. Most companies do the same in regard to multiple languages in one manual. It´s just easier...

Now if you want to look up some part in a Pardini manual I would strongly recommend looking in the Italian version... they are not from Germany nor an English speaking country... and the translation isn't all that reliable. I've struggled with the trigger adjustment in the previous manual until I check the Italian part... and guess what? I was turning one of the screws the wrong way!

Hope this helps
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Rule #1, valid of for all technical items: If you can't figure it out without a manual, it's too complicated.

Rule #2: All the really interesting adjustment options are not mentioned in the manual at all, or plastered with warning messages.
rmca

Post by rmca »

Tycho wrote:Rule #1, valid of for all technical items: If you can't figure it out without a manual, it's too complicated.
This will put a smile on my face every time I remember it!!! :D
rmca

Post by rmca »

It almost tops the "Universal Adjustment Tool" (hammer)
Anodyne

Post by Anodyne »

It's been a few weeks and I have still not been able to determine the sight adjustments for the Pardini SP, in particular "how many clicks for windage and elevation for the SP"

I have downloaded the manual from several sources (approx 10 times) and of different vintages including the 2004 model.
Nowhere is there any info re sight adjustments. There is some info for the FP.

It is not easy for me to access the range purely for sighting, most of my attendances at the range are for competition shoots and thus my sight adjustments are guesses.

I'm not sure if the comment "Rule #1, valid of for all technical items: If you can't figure it out without a manual, it's too complicated." is meant as a put down but I take it as one. Not everyone has the ability to take a complicated piece of machinery out of the box and use it without instructions, and whilst I have had moderate experience one of the guns I purchased is for my son, a new shooter.

I reiterate, the Pardini manual is grossly deficient and if printing costs are too high couldn't one of their computer boffins post some decent instructions for a single gun type in each language? This gun costs more than $2000 in Australia , the "features" description in the manual is almost the longest part, there is almost no info about the gun and the diagrams are almost unreadable with no part names or annotations.

Does Mr Pardini trawl these pages?

Could any enlightened reader give me this info?

Usually this sort of request produces an answer quickly, am I asking a question for which no one has the answer?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Don't know what your problem is, mate. On page 59 of the current manual is a table listing, among other things, the adjustment per click for all pardini models - 5mm for the SP. Plain as the nose in your face.

I've been shooting Pardinis on and off for 20 years, and found everything I couldn't figure out on my own in the manuals. It's a really easy pistol to understand and the current models are exemplary in having self-explaining adjustments. Stop whining, and if you have a complaint, send it to the factory, instead of coming here and EXPECTING an answer from other shooters.

PS: I wouldn't use expressions as "enlightened" if you are such a sensitive person.
william

Post by william »

Rule #1, valid of for all technical items: If you can't figure it out without a manual, it's too complicated.
I must ask my dear friend whether he figured out the interactions of the Pardini trigger adjustments without benefit of the manual. For one thing, if one wants a single stage trigger, I think the most common starting point would be to adjust out the first stage. Do that and you've just eliminated all the sear engagement, leaving your buddies on the firing line at the mercy of a spring and detent.

Otherwise I'm in total agreement. I'd add one other - if not rule - guideline: If in doubt leave it for Rover to sort out.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I'm glad you realize I CAN sort it all out for you.

Here's what I do. On the side of my grip I write large C (clockwise)=R&D (right and down)[or whatever you think]. I put in four clicks per scoring ring while adjusting. If it's not right, so what, it's better than YOU can shoot.

Why is simple so hard on some people?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Of course, in Istrilia, it would all be upside down, L/U instead of R/D. And how should he know which side of the grip to use for that, without it being mentioned in the manual?
David M

Post by David M »

It could be the Coriolis effect as it deflects moving objects when they are rotated differently in the southern hemisphere.
Changes your sight adjustments.
jliston48

Post by jliston48 »

Rover wrote:On the side of my grip I write large C (clockwise)=R&D (right and down)
What about the arrow that shows which end points to the target???
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Might want to consider the opposite rifling direction besides.
ojh

Post by ojh »

Time to apply some simple geometry.

Move the backsight 10 clicks and measure its movement with a vernier caliper, divide by 10. Now you know how much your backsight moves per click. Multiply it by a/b, where a is your shooting distance and b is the sight radius. The result is the movement of POI per click.

As a coarse rule of thumb, at 25 meters, moving the backsight 0.1 mm moves the POI about 10 mm.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Now that would take the cake, if he'd prove that the manual's not precise enough. The post would be two pages long, and all TT users would be expected to travel to Italy and tell Giampiero about it.
Rover

Post by Rover »

See, I told you I had the solution.

Just follow my simple instructions.
Anodyne

Post by Anodyne »

Tycho, thank you for pointing out page 59, I hadn't seen it.
I still maintain the manual is hard to read, the diagonal lines make it hard to see the pictures and the information I was after (click adjustments for sights) was not included in the pages for the SP but about 20-30 pages later depending on which part and language you start from. The part of the question relating to adjustment of the rear sight width is not in the book- as far as I can determine.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the Pardini, but as I said I don't get the range opportunity to play with the sights as some have suggested, and need the info I had requested.