Anyone have experience with a Hammerli xesse sport?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Ryan1911

Anyone have experience with a Hammerli xesse sport?

Post by Ryan1911 »

I am considering getting a 6 inch barrel model. Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks
Ryan
mld

Hammerli Xesse

Post by mld »

I have one. It is very accurate. I mounted a Hawke RD25 red dot scope on it for Bullseye shooting.

I would recommend adding the barrel weight. Muzzle flip is reduced significantly.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

very accurate and reliable gun
mparker

Post by mparker »

Highly recommended.

If used is an option, the Sig/Hammerli Trailside is the same gun and a lightly used one is a gem IMO. I believe the ancestry of the Trailside/Xesse began with the Hammerli 212.
Last edited by mparker on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

mparker wrote:Highly recommended.

If used is an option, the Sig/Hammerli Trailside is the same gun and a lightly used one is a gem IMO. I believe the ancestry of the Trailside/Xesse is began with the Hammerli 211.
Not exactly, the trailside has a non adjustable trigger, this can be updated to the adjustable like the xesse has but parts labor and two way shipping to larrys guns plus a couple weeks wait time will run you about 300.00
ScottSimmonds

LGI

Post by ScottSimmonds »

Buy from Larry's Guns - bought mine 3 years ago. Great service. Great gun.
Ttgoods

hammerli xesse sport

Post by Ttgoods »

I would recommend that gun before most others.

benelli, hammerlis, pardinis and S&W are 400 more to start.

I have a Marvel and it shoots ok and my benelli shoots great after I upgraded the grips.

That Hammerli has the nice balance like a hi standard citation.

The key to the hammerli is its accurate like a model 41 but is less finicky with ammo.

The new model 41 is really nice and you don't need gun smithing to add a red dot not sure about the Hammerli.

If you can spend 1500 all in mags and mounts I would go with the Smith because it will last forever and a year.

I love my Benelli but its expensive and its not made in the USA.

another option would be to get a Ruger Mark II and send it to Clark Custom my guess is you save some money over the Hamerlli and it will be good too.
Ryan1911

Post by Ryan1911 »

Thanks for all the replies! I picked it up about 2 weeks ago. It is very accurate and reliable. Stock trigger pull is very good. Yesterday I shot my personal best score (789) at bullseye match. I highly recommend this gun to anyone.
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

What ammunition does your X-esse like to shoot? I'm having problems with the second to last round popping up and jamming into top of the mouth of the chamber using SK Standard Plus. I load five rounds and it occurs every time with a stiff LGI magazine spring and will take about 100 rounds to occur with the stock spring. I've only ran about 300 rounds through it so far, all SK Std +, so data is thin at the moment.

I plan to test CCI SV, Aguilla SE and Eley Club soon. The folks I compete with either gave me some samples or we traded a bit so I could try some different brands. Super people to be around.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

Xesse is an older design with a high barrel line of the generation of SW41, High Standard, etc. For conventional pistol this is not much of a hindrance (10-ring on a RF target is huge and 10 seconds from an on-target position is a long time), but if you become interested in international events (standard or rapid fire pistol) this will become a big disadvantage compared with more modern designs given the international rules.
Ryan1911

Post by Ryan1911 »

Sa-tevo wrote:What ammunition does your X-esse like to shoot? I'm having problems with the second to last round popping up and jamming into top of the mouth of the chamber using SK Standard Plus. I load five rounds and it occurs every time with a stiff LGI magazine spring and will take about 100 rounds to occur with the stock spring. I've only ran about 300 rounds through it so far, all SK Std +, so data is thin at the moment.

I plan to test CCI SV, Aguilla SE and Eley Club soon. The folks I compete with either gave me some samples or we traded a bit so I could try some different brands. Super people to be around.
Shot Eley club, Wollf Match and Laupa pistol OSP without malfunction.
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

Ryan1911, thanks for the reply.

Another question if you have time. Were your magazine feed lips molded evenly or off-set? Mine were molded offset to the right about 1.5mm and not on the center line of the feed ramp and chamber.