Need a Source for Anschutz Palm Rest Part

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

johral

Need a Source for Anschutz Palm Rest Part

Post by johral »

I need the bent Aluminum Plate from this style of Palm Rest (I only need the plate).

Any recommendations for a parts source?

Thanks,

John

rapidfireXring

Post by rapidfireXring »

Anschutz sells them on both German eBay and another site eGun.DE

Its not impossible to navigate the sites, but you need to have another tab opened to GOOGLE TRANSLATE. They do respond to the eBay inquiries. BT
johral

Post by johral »

Thanks for the info...

They do have one on egun.de, but I am not sure how I could even register in order to bid on one.

Nothing on ebay.

Might have to make the part.
rapidfireXring

Post by rapidfireXring »

I was able to register and bid.......BUT the successive times I tried to sign in I was booted off eGun as they often, like other sites, require you to go into your personal information and reset your password. This was too confusing to try to translate a whole page, navigate through the choices and then reset.
Furthermore there are only a few that would even consider shipping to the States. Not to say they are unfriendly at all. Just to be clear that Anschutz-Sport is ANSCHUTZ. They WILL SHIP TO THE STATES and can answer questions in English. They may even put the part on German eBay and then ship as usual.
Also there is one on German eBay, not as cheap as the ones on eGun though. 290957638778

PPS. Anschutz Sport (the Anschutz company) has posted this one on Egun Artikel-ID: 4527920 You can get hold of them via this email address (egun-anfrage@anschuetz-sport.com)
and they may be able to post the same on eBay Germany or sell it to you direct (best option IMHO) BT
johral

Post by johral »

I contacted them, and they would sell to me direct, but it was over $225 and they can only do wire transfers.

Since I only need the one part, I just decided to make it. Should be finished up Monday, for less than 1/2 the cost of getting the one from Germany.
rapidfireXring

Post by rapidfireXring »

johral wrote:I contacted them, and they would sell to me direct, but it was over $225 and they can only do wire transfers.

Since I only need the one part, I just decided to make it. Should be finished up Monday, for less than 1/2 the cost of getting the one from Germany.
I saw one on US eBay a couple of days ago. It would still cost less than making your own. Here is the auction number 151099160397 and he will accept offers. BT
johral

Post by johral »

I was able to make one for less than the offer I made that guy...which he declined.

BTW - do you shoot at the Spokane Club?
johral

Post by johral »

Got my part finished up...

rapidfireXring

Post by rapidfireXring »

Great job! You did the 'weld' how? It will work no matter and the palm rest seems acceptable. A sense of satisfaction for doing it yourself. BT
johral

Post by johral »

I had it water jet cut and then TIG Welded it. The factory piece is bent close to 90 deg, where mine is about 45 deg, but other than that they are the same. This one uses the factory T-Nuts to mount the secondary wood piece (which she may or may not need).

Are you shooting your new small bore down at the Spokane Rifle Club?
rapidfireXring

Post by rapidfireXring »

johral wrote:I had it water jet cut and then TIG Welded it. The factory piece is bent close to 90 deg, where mine is about 45 deg, but other than that they are the same. This one uses the factory T-Nuts to mount the secondary wood piece (which she may or may not need).

Are you shooting your new small bore down at the Spokane Rifle Club?
I would have been shooting last night but had a meeting that precluded I could do both. The indoor range just begun to be opened up for Fall indoor shooting of small-bore, and was not advertized in the on-line bulletin.
'Officially', I am not a 'junior' shooter, I just take up one of the unfilled target points on the line and shoot with them.
About 15 years ago the indoor range was being built by catch-as-catch can volunteer labor. A forest fire across the river was burning well and fire jumped the river and caught the small bore range on fire. It was the only building in the area to be burned down. The club was insured, and the building was contract rebuilt. 12 lanes with target retrieval, heat, lighting and ventilation. Very nice range. BT
johral

Post by johral »

My daughter shoots with the Jr. Team, which is why I asked.
rapidfireXring

Post by rapidfireXring »

johral wrote:My daughter shoots with the Jr. Team, which is why I asked.
Really? Who is your daughter? Where do you live? I just visited with one of the legends of Jr. Coaching, Bill Havercroft. Been around that group for some time.
Ooops, your location is listed in the side-bar. Colbert WA. BT
johral

Post by johral »

Bill IS a legend...the 1st Annual Havercroft Match will be next month. Dani is very excited.