FWB65 trigger missing second stage...

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
matt9811

FWB65 trigger missing second stage...

Post by matt9811 »

I recently bought a used FWB65 which has a 2008 overhaul receipt from from Beeman.

This is my only experience with a FWB65, and the trigger is nothing like any other air pistol I'm familiar with.

The trigger pull seems to be all first stage, with no perceptible trigger-point before release. I've looked through all the trigger adjustment information, tried all the permutations of screw adjustment (there aren't that many) but can't seem to find a second stage. What am I missing?

I have experience with the LP10, FAS604, FWB103, LG110 plus other rimfire and CF guns, and the closest I can describe it would be like a Kahr with a 300g trigger. Smooth all the way back without any stacking...

Where's the second stage? Anything obvious I can do without taking apart the upper receiver or sending it in?

Any and all advice welcome. Thanks!
conradin

Post by conradin »

There is no double stage trigger in the FWB65 in the modern sense. What you can do is to adjust the trigger to either be "dry" or "creepy". The screw you are going to work with is called the "pull-off adjustment screw", and is the screw that is the furthest back inside the trigger guard, right behind the trigger stop screw.

I guess you can create an artificial second stage trigger by setting the trigger as "creepy", then set up the trigger stop screw by having a short distance of travel for the trigger. That will mimic two stage trigger, as you are no longer pulling the trigger all the way back "creepy". You are still 500/0 though. If you set the trigger as dry, then it is 100% single stage.

For an official answer, please wait for "Mr. FWB65", Rover, to confirm this. I have two FWB65, and 3 user manuals. Same answer.
Eck

Post by Eck »

Your trigger has just gotten out of adjustment. Pilk has the owners manual with instructions on how to fix this problem. The issue is specifically mentioned in the manual.
matt9811

Post by matt9811 »

That makes more sense to me now. For some reason I was expecting the FWB65 to have a clearer trigger point rather than a creepy single stage trigger. It certainly isn't "crisp" like a modern Steyr or FWB.

I'll just put it back together now and shoot it as a classic rather than obsess over what isn't there. I don't want to shorten up the pull too much and compromise the sear engagement. Thank you for the insight!
Rover

Post by Rover »

My wisdom flows telepathically through the luminiferous ether. Or was that just a fart?