9.9s!

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

crazydrummer808

9.9s!

Post by crazydrummer808 »

Who hates 9.9s as much as I do???
conradin

Post by conradin »

I will be happy with a 8.9. Although 9.9 nowadays is no longer considered high scores. We now have teenagers shooting inner tens constantly, and if that fact makes you hate 9.9, I totally understand.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Why be a hater? <grin>

With today's decimal scoring you get credit for that really deep 9.
Put it in the past & zone in for 10.9 on your next shot.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

Yes the decimal scoring really helps for those that loose the odd shot out of the 10 ring. It is after all much easier to shoot 9.5 - 9.9 than it is to shoot 10.5 - 10.9. Actually I think that what we will see with scores under the new system is that the lower ranks will pick up quite a few more points than the top ranks, bringing the scores even closer together.

Alan
conradin

Post by conradin »

How does one calculate decimal when one only has a paper target? I remember there is a tool to calculate decimal of ten, but never see a tool that does decimal of the entire target.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Shooting air this past time I got like 9 9.9s really getting close to my 585 goal if I can get those to tens.
conradin

Post by conradin »

But isn't it deceptive anyway? Instead of having 600 as perfect score we now have to be 654 to be perfect. Sure having decimal points really help to differentiate who is better, but I just rather prefer the old way in which 600 is the perfect score, scoring can be done with human eyes without any tool except the eagle eye, and the inner X being the tie breaker.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

conradin wrote:How does one calculate decimal when one only has a paper target? I remember there is a tool to calculate decimal of ten, but never see a tool that does decimal of the entire target.
We used these for a long time:
http://precision-sports.com/titbits.htm

Now we use the ORION scoring system:
http://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Home.aspx

It's no harder to shoot a 10.9 than it was before ... nor harder to shoot a 9.9.
I think we've seen that the top shooters still get into the finals ... how they handle the extra pressure of the new finals events are what has changed.

No more skating thru the final with a 10-12 point lead ... now it's a two event show ... the quals and then the final.
conradin

Post by conradin »

They both look fantastic but I would prefer Precision Sports. I prefer having the human touch...also it is good for everyone to record their own scores without waiting in line.
3XDistBound

Post by 3XDistBound »

deleted
Last edited by 3XDistBound on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:How does one calculate decimal when one only has a paper target? I remember there is a tool to calculate decimal of ten, but never see a tool that does decimal of the entire target.
The standard ISSF Nonius gauges do the complete target.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

"Actually I think that what we will see with scores under the new system is that the lower ranks will pick up quite a few more points than the top ranks, bringing the scores even closer together."

Just the opposite seems to be happening...the difference between a 390 shooter and a 395 shooter is now more like ten points. Smaller group size with occasional bad shot to 9.9 9.8 seems to be norm for the 395 plus shooters in air