SCATT ISSUE

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Zeus560

SCATT ISSUE

Post by Zeus560 »

I would like to know if anyone has successfully run the SCATT on a MacBook Pro with Vmware Fusion, as recommended to me by SCATT USA.
My set up is, MacBook Pro with OXS 10.8.2, VMware Fusion 5.0.2 and virtual machine is running Windows XP sp2. This is the same Windows I have been running with my old ASUS laptop.
The issue I am having is as follows;
The MacBook Pro detects the SCATT Optical sensor and Target sensor.
The VMware detects both optical and target sensor, both USB devices are then attached to the XP vm
The SCATT software starts without errors both Red and Green LED's on target respond
BUT issuse is the SCATT target is not responding or detecting the optical sensor.

SCATT USA has passed on my problem to Russia back in April still have not herd back....Can anyone help???
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

Hi.If you ring SCATT direct and speak to Dmitry.He will be able to help you.His English is fine and hes a good bloke.Their number on their web site.
rmca

Re: SCATT ISSUE

Post by rmca »

Zeus560 wrote: The VMware detects both optical and target sensor, both USB devices are then attached to the XP vm
Is the scatt detected by the XP? Check

control panel, system, device manager.

See if the optical and target sensor are installed ok (no yellow warnings).

Hope this helps
Zeus560

SCATT FILES

Post by Zeus560 »

Can anyone direct me to 50m Pistol SCATT files by elite shooters. I went onto the SCATT site to see their log files but searching took ages because I didn't know the shooters by name and they were also early 2000 vintage.
dronning

Re: SCATT FILES

Post by dronning »

Zeus560 wrote:Can anyone direct me to 50m Pistol SCATT files by elite shooters. I went onto the SCATT site to see their log files but searching took ages because I didn't know the shooters by name and they were also early 2000 vintage.
Most files here are older than 2007 but does that really matter?

go to http://ematch.scatt.com/download/

Find and download the file ematch.zip and extract it you will get 2,363 SCATT files there has to be some 50M pistol shooters in there somewhere.

I just remembered if you drop these in your SCATT catalog directory when you open the SCATT software it will put the files in the right category.

Unfortunately there are no 50M pistol files

Dave
TexasShooter

Post by TexasShooter »

Did you get it running on your Mac? I am considering using the same setup.

Thanks!