Perry scores

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Rover

Perry scores

Post by Rover »

Orpanaut

Post by Orpanaut »

It's too bad they don't have the results broken down by classification. I got some award points on Sunday and I'm still not sure why.
fc60

Award Points

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

When I attended Perry in 1979, I requested Blackington Medals rather than Award Points.

The medals retain the memories much better than the award points.

Cheers,

Dave
jackh

Post by jackh »

Indeed. Also true back when even local-regional matches gave awards. Points went away, medals cheap as they are, kept the memories alive. I have Blackington medals from as far back as 1970. They remain precious to me. Especially as a Marksman back then when I earned a few 1st Expert awards in the same match.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

jackh wrote:Indeed. Also true back when even local-regional matches gave awards. Points went away, medals cheap as they are, kept the memories alive. I have Blackington medals from as far back as 1970. They remain precious to me. Especially as a Marksman back then when I earned a few 1st Expert awards in the same match.
I prefer cash. It can be used anywhere. When I first started {mid 70s}I requested medals and when they began to pile up, it made no sense to get more of them. I kept all my old results and use them to reminisce. I have some award points from the last sectional that have probably expired. I hope I can use them next time I shoot.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I, too, prefer the NRA points. I kick them back into match fees. I hope the medals don't cost much, since I immediately trash them.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Orpanaut;

If you go to the NRA website now they are all in PDF form with results listed as a final as what you are looking for.

Clarence
Orpanaut

Post by Orpanaut »

C. Perkins wrote:Orpanaut;

If you go to the NRA website now they are all in PDF form with results listed as a final as what you are looking for.

Clarence
Thanks. I looked and discovered that I did better in Center Fire Timed Fire than I thought.

I'd like to get a medal at Perry someday, but I'm going to wait until I actually win a match. I've come close a few times... I guess that's the sort of thing that keeps us all coming back.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I got a pewter plate in the prelim match one year. I have lots of medals from team matches. The only one that means anything to me is my bronze for third in a LEG match. Points are good, because they can be used for match fees, but I shoot for personal satisfaction, not hardware.
bentrod

what about CMP scores?

Post by bentrod »

what about CMP scores, like the P 100 and EIC match?

I can't find anything at the CMP site.

Jim
dronning

Re: what about CMP scores?

Post by dronning »

bentrod wrote:what about CMP scores, like the P 100 and EIC match?

I can't find anything at the CMP site.

Jim

You may have to sign up

http://ct.thecmp.org/app/v1/index.php