Gamo

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
conradin

Post by conradin »

Rover wrote:Just because I enjoy throwing a monkey wrench into the works: did you notice in all my tests the JSB Pistol (Green) was the most accurate (two different lots) in the three pistols I tested them in. Also, the heavy and the extra heavy (not shown in the tests) performed nearly as well.
Apparently Josef Schulz's brand is considered the best for those that all the 100-200M air rifle or pistol shooter uses. They STILL have to hand picked them from the can. Pretty intimidating when the PCP cylinder looks like a scuba tank.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Gerard wrote:Why use Gamo pellets, or these Chinese pellets, especially the low-grade ones with defects? Just because some superstar or other uses the Olympic grade version? I'm not seeing the relevance.
We shall see how the Qiang Yuan work out when I have time to test them. Remember that the Chinese team has no constraint as to what their athletes use, there has to be a reason why they use the local brand. So let's not dismiss them until they are tested.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

conradin wrote:We shall see how the Qiang Yuan work out when I have time to test them. Remember that the Chinese team has no constraint as to what their athletes use, there has to be a reason why they use the local brand. So let's not dismiss them until they are tested.
You just don't get it do you.

Qiang Yuan pellets are getting very good reports, but you can guarantee that the ones the Chinese team use are not the ones from the cheap end of the line that you bought.

The cheap ones might be very good, but don't say that they are the ones the Chinese team use.
conradin

Post by conradin »

David Levene wrote:
conradin wrote:We shall see how the Qiang Yuan work out when I have time to test them. Remember that the Chinese team has no constraint as to what their athletes use, there has to be a reason why they use the local brand. So let's not dismiss them until they are tested.
You just don't get it do you.

Qiang Yuan pellets are getting very good reports, but you can guarantee that the ones the Chinese team use are not the ones from the cheap end of the line that you bought.

The cheap ones might be very good, but don't say that they are the ones the Chinese team use.
Of course I get it, I am just wanting to test the cheap line. The expensive red box would have cost $25 for 500 pellets! The point for me is to see whether this line is better or worse than the RWS Meisterkugeln.
I am planning to use either one of them for the cheap AR I got for practice, not going to spend $$$$ for pellets on an arm that I will never compete other than doing some garage shooting.
dhc8guru

Post by dhc8guru »

I really don't get it either. Without a doubt the crappiest quality pellets I have ever seen. The gamo match wadcutters were recommended to use in my Daisy 747 by BB. Pelletier. I saw the pictures in Pyramydair and they looked like they had some bad castings. I thought what the heck they are cheap to buy.

Wow! the accuracy is incredibly bad. I got 1-2" groups at 10m. I even had one shoot sparks out of the end of the barrel when it was fired.(it was getting a bit dark outside). Never seen that before.
On the other hand I found RWS basics, H&N econ's to be in the same price point and shoot nearly as good as H&N Finale match and RWS R-10 but at almost half the price.

As with any pellet and gun, finding a pellet that shoots well varies. So, maybe there are guns out there that love the Gamo's
conradin

Post by conradin »

dhc8guru wrote:I even had one shoot sparks out of the end of the barrel when it was fired.(it was getting a bit dark outside)
Literally a shot in the dark....
conradin

Batch Test.

Post by conradin »

OK, I did a batch test between RWS Meisterkugeln and Qiang Yuan Match, that is RWS's 2nd grade vs Qiang Yuan's 3rd grade.

Result is here, it was done using a pistol; when I have time and figure out how to do it, I will do a test on the air rifle.

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=198649