Some Pictures from the Metric Nationals

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

nimrodf

Some Pictures from the Metric Nationals

Post by nimrodf »

Here are some pictures from the final prone day at the US metric nationals (July 15th) at the Wa-Ke'-De range, Bristol Indiana (USA). It's a pretty range with 100 firing points.
Wa-Ke'-De Rifle Range, Bristol IN

HQ Moody (NRA rifle competition coordinator) is working really hard to make the move from Perry to Bristol a success next year. After shooting in the nationals for a second year, I think there's actually a fighting chance that it's going to a nice set of matches next year.
The local host club the St. Joseph Valley R&R is also bending over backward for us.
As far as lodging they're looking at lodging costs from $39 a night on up and already have an arrangement with the local KOA (Kamp on Asphalt) for if I remember correctly $20 a night.

Anyway for those of you that have never seen or been to the range I thought I'd share a few snaps of what it was like today.

My firing point (49) and no you don't have to worry about the bulls eye frames, you don't even notice them when your shooting (do have to step over the bar when changing targets)

The 20 minute "Social Hour" between matches, something the old HP guys really get into...

The whole NRA contingent was great, Clyde Furr was the RO and MC, HQ Moody directed traffic and Lones was in charge. Scoring was fast and accurate especially since they were using the Edelmann 50M targets. Folks that are much better shots than I (oh just about everyone there) said that the holes were so clean it was pretty much pointless to protest.

Any just my $0.02

Nathan