Two 10's with 1 shot?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Randy152

Two 10's with 1 shot?

Post by Randy152 »

Decide to shoot my AP this afternoon, so grabbed my pistol and started to warm up. I felt comfortable after a few shots, so I went up to exchange targets, and this is what I saw. No doubt about it as being a ten, but the question is do you get to count the shot as two 10's, one going in and one coming out :-)
Attachments
targ1.jpg
Last edited by Randy152 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rmca

Post by rmca »

It will just count once.

If that happens in a competition that's using paper targets, raise your left hand (assuming you shoot with your right hand) and wait for the referee to come to you. Show him the target, still in the carrier, and he will tell you what's going to happen.
He will probably sign it, and write something on it, and tell you to continue.

If you are shooting in a competition with one hit per target, and you don't say anything, you'll probably get a penalty, and the lowest score of the two hits.

If it's more than one hit per target and you didn't exceed the total hits per card, it's up to your conscience to decide... But if you're cot cheating it ends up in disqualification, so...

All major international competitions are shot on electronic targets, so that's very unlikely to happen.

Check you pellet stop, as it is probably needing some cleaning or adjustment (straitening).
Rover

Post by Rover »

dschaller

Post by dschaller »

Increase your velocity, since it looks like your pellets are not always making though the paper.