NRA 900

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

That's the problem. Californian politics have been left to Californians. Call the RNC and see what you can do and stop whining.
Dave C.

Post by Dave C. »

Don't feed the trolls!

Dave C.
jr

Post by jr »

About a dozen different variants of the Ruger Mk III and over a dozen variants of the Browning Buckmark are on the DOJ "approved" list (see http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/ ).

Plenty of people use these to start out (especially the Ruger), and there are some respectable scores. I'm personally partial to the Buckmark, because I like its "feel" better, and I think it's a great plinker, too (but then, the Ruger is a great plinker also, so there).

I've shot several matches with a 22 revolver, and that's also great fun. In any case, get a gun you like (I mean that your friend likes) and have fun with it.

----

As for the CA gun laws commentary - those of you in more 'gun-friendly' states should be aware that there are probably some laws in your state that deal with things other than guns that might just be infringing on somebody's liberties in some other way. Even though it maybe doesn't affect you, or you don't personally think it's unreasonable, doesn't make it any less onerous. Just one example: a few years ago I was training for a skate marathon and happened to be visiting another state and wanted to keep my training up. Well guess what - the police said "Sir, there is no skating allowed on any public roadways in [state]". Luckily, the officer didn't cite me since I 'seemed to be a responsible [middle-aged] man', was wearing a helmet, and 'wasn't causing any problems' (duh - it was 6:30am on a Saturday morning on a deserted street).
Just saying it's easy to mock our repressive gun laws, but remember your state may have some doozies also.

Check out Matthew 7:3.

And what's with the 'Kalifornia' / 'kommiefornia' business? It's California, with a "C" please.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I much prefer Timothy 5:23.