Pardini K58: do you think there is still demand for it?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

slofyr

Pardini K58: do you think there is still demand for it?

Post by slofyr »

This ad appeared on the TT Buy/Sell/Trade page http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=40076. As I write this it has received 651 views. I'm thinking that Pardini might have made a mistake dropping it from their line. I've enjoyed a lot of quality shooting from the K58, and their earlier P10, and think it would still be a good seller.
pauln

Re: Pardini K58: do you think there is still demand for it?

Post by pauln »

slofyr wrote:This ad appeared on the TT Buy/Sell/Trade page http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=40076. As I write this it has received 651 views. I'm thinking that Pardini might have made a mistake dropping it from their line. I've enjoyed a lot of quality shooting from the K58, and their earlier P10, and think it would still be a good seller.
I agree if the price was right, im sure there would be a market for a top end SSP
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well, I guess you guys already know what I think!

BTW One is for sale in the Classified.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Rover wrote:
BTW One is for sale in the Classified.
Roger, you need to lay off the sauce.
The link slofyr posted is the one for sale in the classifieds.

Clarence
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Indeed. I saw the K58 ad the other day and just about fell out of my chair... then scrolled down and saw it was already sold. Been looking for one for well over a year but no luck. If Pardini started making them again I'd happily buy one new.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

There are more precision components in a quality SSP than a PCP, hence are more expensive to manufacture. Besides, the majority of top shooters are using PCP's, so we won't be seeing any new SSP's in the future...
slofyr

Post by slofyr »

kevinweiho wrote:There are more precision components in a quality SSP than a PCP, hence are more expensive to manufacture...
There are a few more parts from the mechanically simple piston and linkage assembly of an SSP, but they are made to standard tolerances on CNC--not costly. From a manufacturing perspective, the PCP is likely more expensive to manufacture because of the high pressure cylinder and valving.
kevinweiho wrote: Besides, the majority of top shooters are using PCP's, so we won't be seeing any new SSP's in the future...
Never say never. The "top shooters" are a very tiny percentage of the precision shooting community. Manufacturers make their money from everyone else, and not all of them are sheep.
j-team

Post by j-team »

kevinweiho wrote:There are more precision components in a quality SSP than a PCP, hence are more expensive to manufacture. Besides, the majority of top shooters are using PCP's, so we won't be seeing any new SSP's in the future...
I pretty much agree with this. I too would like to see them in production again but doubt it will happen. Don't forget that for each SSP that a company might sell, it's possible that it means one less PCP sale.

The ony way I could ever imagine the K58 back in production is if Pardini had them made in China.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

slofyr wrote:There are a few more parts from the mechanically simple piston and linkage assembly of an SSP, but they are made to standard tolerances on CNC--not costly. From a manufacturing perspective, the PCP is likely more expensive to manufacture because of the high pressure cylinder and valving.
If memory serves me correctly, back in the 90's when Feinwerkbau, Walther, and Steyr offered their SSP's, their prices were the same as their PCP/CO2 counterparts and sometimes even more expensive.
slofyr wrote:Never say never. The "top shooters" are a very tiny percentage of the precision shooting community. Manufacturers make their money from everyone else, and not all of them are sheep.
I would have to say NEVER, since FWB, Walther, and Steyr discontinued their line of SSP's, (due to slow sales and the inevitable popularity of the PCP's) they have not shown any interest in bringing out new models. The only exceptions to quality, affordable SSP's that comes to mind are the FAS 604 and Baikal 46M...
Rover

Post by Rover »

Lay off the sauce!?

You're one sick bastard, Perkins!

BTW I think the K58 is still available.
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

From the k58 for sale thread: "K 58 sold to Richard."
Now Rover's just being cruel.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Don't whine to me; you guys had your shot!
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

Ad posted - Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:21 am.
Ad marked as sold - Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:53 pm
Ad marked as not sold due to buyer bail - Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:33 am
Ad marked as sold again - Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:54 am

So it was available for a grand total of almost 34 hours. Guess you're right Rover, had lots of time... if I'd happened to be watching at just the right times. The air pistols I've bought through forums have generally sat there for at least a few days. Bought two Tempests and a Senior through forums, a Diana model 6, and a Baikal 46m, all with lots of time to think about it. The K58's popularity is obvious, and I think it's justified even more than the rather hot market for used 46m pistols, as the K58 is such a sweet design. There's really nothing wrong with it. Looks great, works great, not too heavy. The Walther LPM-1 is an even more rare pistol in the sales pages, and that's a fine thing too, but it's just not quite got 'it' like the Pardini pistol. That silly wooden appendage on the end of the lever bugs me, and apparently they break off easily... but sure, I'd still go for an LPM-1 if one happened along at a reasonable price. But I'd be happy enough to pay a rather unreasonable price for a Pardini K58 if anyone's lurking and thinking of selling.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I, too, would buy another K58 (I've owned two) if it jumped up and bit me on the ass, but at the right price: LPM-1 also (very nice!). I had a FWB100: those things are HUGE, but they do snap them out there!
Gerard

Post by Gerard »

The FWB 100 has decent velocity? I hadn't heard that.
Rover

Post by Rover »

It has the same powerplant as the 102 and 103. Mine chronied around 515 fps with RWS Basics.
topclass52

K58

Post by topclass52 »

I've had two LPM-1's, and regret selling each of them. Fortunately I kept my LH grips, so when another comes along...