Feinwerkbau 800 Alu

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

sroehrs

Feinwerkbau 800 Alu

Post by sroehrs »

Does anyone know if the Feinwerkbau 800 Alu is available in the USA yet? I see it on Feinwerkbau website, but can't seem to find anyone in the US listing it.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

champchoice.com and 10pt9.com to name two have it in stock now and I'm sure brenzovich.com has it. pyramydair.com will order it for you.
sroehrs

Post by sroehrs »

Thanks, but the picture they are showing are the 800X model. I am looking for the 800 ALU, which is close but looks more like the 700 ALU. It is shown on the Feinwerkbau website as a new model.

I will be at the National Matches next week. I plan on talking to a few in commercial row. Hopefully they might have one to look at.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Interesting, I hadn't noticed them changing it between the two; do you know what the differences between the two models are other than the different foregrips?
sroehrs

Post by sroehrs »

To me it looks real similar to the 700Alu, but has the 800 action, and a little lighter. Pretty sure it has less adjustability than the 800x in the rear stock.

I will be at the National Matches this month and I am hoping someone will have it available to look at. We are in the search process to upgrade my son. We like the 700Alu, but if the 800Alu is available, I would like to get a look at it.