LP10 air cylinders on LP50

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Val

LP10 air cylinders on LP50

Post by Val »

I'm thinking of buying LP50 for rapid air pistol. As i already own LP10 with 2 air cylinders i thought i could save some money dropping out the second air cylinder for LP50.
Is there any reason that i should'nt be doing this? Example some rule that you can't use same air cylinder on 2 different pistols.
David Levene

Re: LP10 air cylinders on LP50

Post by David Levene »

Val wrote:Example some rule that you can't use same air cylinder on 2 different pistols.
Are you talking about ISSF rules? If so then there is no such rule.

Remember though that there is now no ISSF event for a multi-shot air pistol, unless single loaded for the normal 60 or 40 shot Air Pistol "precision" (aren't they all) event.
FredB

Re: LP10 air cylinders on LP50

Post by FredB »

David Levene wrote: Remember though that there is now no ISSF event for a multi-shot air pistol
David,

Would you please expand on this? I understood that the multi-shot AP events were "provisional", and therefore never shot at the World Cup, World Championship or Olympic levels. My version of the rules for them - from USAS - is bound separately from all the other rules (so as not to contaminate the "real" rules??). Have these provisional rules been officially excommunicated by ISSF? If so, what does that really mean, since they were already in a kind of Limbo? How can they cease to exist when they never really existed in the first place?

Thanks,
FredB
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I don't know about the USAS rules but "Section 8.20" was certainly part of the "real" ISSF rulebook in the 2001, 2005 & 2009 editions; albeit in an unusual place being bound after the Pistol Rules index.

As far as I'm aware they never achieved the popularity that would be required for them to be placed on the list of mandatory events to be shot at the World Championships.

The section has now disappeared from the 2013 rulebook.

Our Club Championships show a decline in the numbers taking part.
For the Air Pistol Standard event, we had 23 competing in 2001 but that dropped to 2 in 2012 and 3 in 2013.
For the 5 Target event we had 14 in 2004, dropping to 4 this year and last.

Other large matches in the UK have shown a similar decline in these events.
Val

Post by Val »

Yes ISSF, I continue competing 10m air pistol with my Steyr LP10.