Ans 7020 Universal Sight rail question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

nanook2.0

Ans 7020 Universal Sight rail question

Post by nanook2.0 »

I am looking at getting ANS 7020-20 click sights for my FWB 700. Will this sight fit the rear dovetail? or do I need to get an adaptor that will slide on the FWB so the rear sight will fit.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

The match rifles all have the same standard 10mm rear dovetail. It is the foresight dovetails that differ between the rifles, and with Anschutz between 14/18 series and 19/20 series rifles.

Alan
nanook2.0

Post by nanook2.0 »

Alan,

Thanks for the info. I have multiple sets of older Ans and Hammerli sights when my wife shot back 20 years ago. they fit fine on the 1907 but just didn't quite fit on the FWB 700. They did fit her old FWB 600 slides right on and off. Didn't want to puchase a complete set but will buy the ANs 7020 as primary and then use the FWB sights as a back up for the AR.
justadude

Post by justadude »

BigAl was close, actually it is an 11mm rail which is supposed to be the universal rear sight rail. Even though all the rear rails are supposed to be the same there are some subtle differences. I will say the 7020 should fit I can say for certain the Centra "Base" sight fits fine on my FWB800.

Unless you are absolutely sold on the Anschutz, the Centra sight that is also worth some consideration, the Centra sight is much shorter allowing for more eye relief adjustment.

Just my 2 cents or 2 shots or whatever.
'Dude
nanook2.0

Post by nanook2.0 »

Dude,

Are you referring to the Centra 10-50? I have looked at it and have been tossing between the two, however it looked like I had to choose between ans,fwb, or walther when I wanted to puchase a set. But maybe that is for the front globe.

If I choose the ans 7020-20 I was making that choice based on that it can cant. My son shoots with a cant in standing and thought it might help, but at the same time I don't want so many adjustments that we get lost in the rifle settings. Has he has grown, the cant seems to be less. I understand that the Centra has a more soild feel. I was thinking that the Centra sight might be more benificial for shooting SB especially outdoors. Lots of questions but bottom line is sounds like both sights will work on the 1907 and FWB 700.

Thanks
Mike
justadude

Post by justadude »

Mike,

Yes, I am referring to the Base 10-50. You are correct noting that the catalog seems to require you make a choice, different receivers different part numbers. However I have a Base 10-50 that I orginially bought for my prone rifle but due to a number of things was not shooting any prone but lots of air rifle so I took the Base 10-50 off the Anschutz Prone gun and it happily slid right onto my FWB800.

The other dirty little secret here, the label on the little shipping container, the very last line reads
A/FWB/H/W/S
which seems to translate into Anschutz, Feinwerkbau, Hammerli, Walther, Steyr.

While there are subtle differences in the dovetails, the Centra rear sight seems to be cut so it is universal. Front sight dovetails are different enough between the various breeds that making a universal is a hopeless cause.

Now, you are seeing lots of the Centra sights out there at the top level matches as well as the Anschutz 7020. Both are well regarded and highly trusted sights. I have a modest cant but have never missed not having the cant feature of the 7020, others won't go without it.

While the Centra is mechanically sound and checks rock solid under the dial indicator some of the finish bluing was not the same standard as an Anschutz product. At least in my opinion.

Swapping regularly between smallbore and air rifle might get to be a pain, this would mean you have to re-zero with each swap, lots of cranking, although after a time or two you would have a general idea of where to go.

As far as use, the 20 clicks are nice but I have found outdoors at 50m on a windy day you can get lost in the clicks. On milder days it is just fine.

Cheers,
'Dude
Mike in OZ

Post by Mike in OZ »

I can verify that the 7020 sight WILL fit the action dovetail on the FWB 2700 smallbore rifle and I think the 700 has the identical dovetail.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

My daughter has a 7020 on her FWB 700...it will work