Shooting Pants

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bbryer33

Shooting Pants

Post by Bbryer33 »

What size should my shooting pants be? Same size as jeans?
SailAwayAK

Re: Shooting Pants

Post by SailAwayAK »

Bbryer33 wrote:What size should my shooting pants be? Same size as jeans?
Not necessarily. You need to get the measurement guide for the brand you are interested in. Shooting pants sit above the hip bone more at the waist. Measure and get the right fit for the pants. Even then, I usually advise getting two sizes sent and then return one.
Bbryer33

Post by Bbryer33 »

I was looking at ISU gray/black canvas pants. If I'm an NRA shooter is that good enough or even legal. And then what size should it be for those
Bbryer33

Post by Bbryer33 »

http://www.championshooters.com/index.p ... Itemid=111

Those are the pants I want. My first question is are they NRA smallbore legal or usable and if they are what size should I get when I wear size 34 jeans
justadude

Post by justadude »

If the pants are ISSF/USAS legal then they will be NRA Smallbore legal.

As for size, if you wear a size 34 waist jeans then the 34 waist shooting pants are probably a good place to start. As has been mentioned, order two and return one often works pretty well. The other thing to do is call Champion Shooters tell them your jeans size and see what they recommend. They are going to know their product the best.

Cheers,
'Dude
Bbryer33

Post by Bbryer33 »

Thank you! I'll get a 34 pair and a 36. And I have contacted them and they said that a 34 was fine
SailAwayAK

Post by SailAwayAK »

Bbryer33 wrote:Thank you! I'll get a 34 pair and a 36. And I have contacted them and they said that a 34 was fine
Good luck. Hope you get the right fit first off. I still say measure in the right places. Most men and women do not wear their jeans at the natural waist. Measuring at the proper height will give you your best fit.
Bbryer33

Post by Bbryer33 »

Ok I have my new pants and I love them! They are supposed to be snug correct? They're not too constricting but they're not loose by any means! They feel good in kneeling and offhand but its tight getting into them? That should be fine right?
SailAwayAK

Post by SailAwayAK »

Bbryer33 wrote:Ok I have my new pants and I love them! They are supposed to be snug correct? They're not too constricting but they're not loose by any means! They feel good in kneeling and offhand but its tight getting into them? That should be fine right?
You should have the zippers open and the waist open in kneeling. You should be pulling them up in the leg to get into position.

For offhand the closures closed and high in your natural waist. They should be snug and give you a little support in the low back.

When they test your pants in competition you must be able to sit in a regular chair normally. I watch many shooters fall into the chairs which isn't really normal but you do need to be able to bend.
Bbryer33

Post by Bbryer33 »

Ok thank you!! Fitting that criteria my pants are perfect!