Tesro TS22/TS32 - popularity

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
fverhoeven

Post by fverhoeven »

Dear JIPE,

Sorry for my late response.
I am a afraid that you are not correct. I mentioned “other guns” (ok, non-descript) and there was a time that Hammerli did not belong to the Umarex group. I could have mentioned Pardini, FWB Morini, Matchguns as well as S&W revolvers in .22, .32, .38 and .357, M41, FN Concourse and International, Buckmarks, Unique etc, etc etc. It seems some record in centerfire was shot with a TOZ revolver.
I tried to answer the question if Tesro’s are popular, they are with me but not with many other people.
Kind regards,

Frits
David M

Re: TESRO .22

Post by David M »

gn303 wrote: I bought a Tesro 22-2 that had been used for tests for a magazine article. It had shot some 500 rounds.
gn303 you have not used your Tesro much, the Tesro 22-2 was around about 2005. Only 500 rounds.
I was using mine to train up for the 2006 Commonwealth games and was shooting 10,000-12,000 rounds a year. The Tesro's really let me down.
TB

Tesro free pistol

Post by TB »

@Daniel

Have Tesro ever considered to develop a free pistol? Is the market too small to justify such a development?
gn303

Post by gn303 »

@David M. Sorry not having been clear enough. When I bought my Tesro it had shot about 500 rounds for test purposes. In the mean time I shot about 10.000 rounds without problems. In the beginning a few failures that may me try different ammo, but when using RWS all went fine. By change I tried CII, cheaper then RWS, that worked even better. I think any gun, no matter what brand, will have a problem some day when shot a lot. But I agree, if the same problem comes up over and over again, it must be frustrating. A pity you had this bad luck.
Regards,
Guy
tesro

Post by tesro »

@TB

we thought about a free pistol, but as we are only have the capacity for one new product every 1-2 years. We decided to put the free pistol a bit down in our developing list.
Noel Otto

Re: Tesro TS22/TS32 - popularity

Post by Noel Otto »

Hello all, I have a Tesro TS22 I have had it for about 10 years now and it has been a good reliable pistol, recently it has started to stove pipe, can anybody tell me what might be causing it?
Thanks.
fverhoeven

Re: Tesro TS22/TS32 - popularity

Post by fverhoeven »

Hello,

I also experienced also stove-piping with my Tesro.

Tesro indicates that shooting changes/wears the chamber causing different/less pressure buildup and therefor a slower moving bolt/slide and erratic ejecting.

This is possible and in my opinion also plausible but I see also the functioning of the extractor important. Tesro indicates that the bottom of the case pushes the bolt back and that the extractor only influences the case after ejection (ejection angle). I think the case gives an impulse to the bolt/slide and that a not optimal extractor combined with disturbances (dirty chamber/rough(eroded) chamber, burrs etc.) can cause the case to come loose from the bolt and eject erratic.
Tesro has done its best to solve my problems. They (Daniel and his father) gave advice and serviced my pistol. I also modified the extractor to hold the case better and now the stove-piping is almost gone (1 in 1000). I have not got a new barrel as the advised.

For your pistol I would check the chamber for wear, erosion and burrs, test with the more energetic .22LR ammo, check the extractor for damage and the extractor spring for pressure. Contact Tesro if the problem remains and discuss with them service at Tesro (if possible from your side) or alternatives.

Good luck,
Frits