Opinions - Fair Price for Used Anschutz

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

CanadianAce

Opinions - Fair Price for Used Anschutz

Post by CanadianAce »

I am looking to sell my old rifle, but am unsure what I should asks for it. I live in Canada, so I have no plans to sell in on the forums here. My dilemma is I am unsure what a fair price for it is. So who better to ask than other shooters. I'd ask your intelligent opinion and if possible, basis for it. Please refrain form advising it is "worth whatever someone will pay for it." I need intelligent advice not platitudes.

So if you are up for sharing your opinion, here is what is up for grabs:

- Anschutz 1907 .22LR Bolt Action with Aluminium 2213 Stock, Fore-end Raiser Block and Medium Pistol Grip
- Anschutz 7020/20 (20 clicks per rotation) micrometer rear sight
- Gehmann 568MC 48-colour & twin polarizing filter iris with 0.5 – 3.0 mm adjustment
- Anschutz 6585 globe front sight with tilt adjustment
- Anschutz 6822-U14 plastic front aperture set. Sizes 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.7, 3.9, 4.1, 4.3
- Anschutz 6930/1 canting spirit level
- Anschutz 6586-20 front sight cover
- Original Instruction Leaflet with Test Target

Accessories
- Pelican 1750 Case: Foam has been cut to fit rifle and accessories.
- Master Lock, 4 Digit, Code Adjustable
- Reusable Silica-Gel Hydrosorbent Desiccant Pack
- Anschutz 4752 Front Handstop with Quick Sling Disconnect
- Anschutz Sling
- Centra Bi-Pod (19930002)
- Centra Safety Look: Breech-plug with signal flag (19P00002)
- Centra MEC Unitool: Screw driver tool (19A00001)
- Anschutz 4406 Hex Key
- Anschutz Micro Standard Driver for Trigger Adjustments
- Microfibre Cloth
- Cleaning Rod with Swabbing Attachment
- Mini CO2 Air Blaster
- 500 Rounds of Eley Tenex

The rifle has exactly 1210 rounds down it since leaving the factory. Only Eley Tenex has ever been shot in it.

Thoughts?
caveman

1807/2213

Post by caveman »

CanadianAce

I bought a 1813 with almost the same accessories last year. I was willing to pay up to $5,000 (new) but got lucky and found one for $2,600 and have $3,100 in it by the time I had it set up very close to what you have (minus ammo) so, I would say $4,000 would be the low side and $5,500 the high side. Hope this helps.
CanadianAce

Post by CanadianAce »

That is excellent feedback. Thank you. I would love to hear more opinions. The more the better. Looking to get a few suggestions.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

I bought the same rifle minus the accessories for 1500USD two months ago but I got it for a steal. I would venture that it's worth about 2500-3000 dollars minus the accessories but I'm placing that fairly conservatively.
CanadianAce

Post by CanadianAce »

So asking $4500 to leave a little wiggle room seems reasonable? (That is with everything.)
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

That should leave some room for haggling so go for it ;)
softreset

Post by softreset »

I'd definitely recommend having package 'tiers' versus a one size, fits all scenario. For example, if someone is interested in your rifle but none of the accessories then you run the risk of losing out on a potential sale. For example.

- Price for rifle only
- Price for rifle with sights and rifle accessories
- Price for rifle, rifle accessories and shooter accessories
- Price for the whole package (ammo included)

While selling the accessories separately might be more of a hassle in the long run it might be worth it. About a year ago I sold a 1907 in a 2213 stock with numerous accessories that as a full package I was asking $2500. I ended up selling the rifle separately and parting out several accessories and my gross was almost $3000.