Morini 84e pointing to right

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Greg R

Morini 84e pointing to right

Post by Greg R »

When in my correct stance and area of aim the front sight always points to the right. Seeing the morini free pistols do not have any screw ajustments for grip, is the only thing I can do to straighten is start cutting away and adding material to the grip to bring the hand more around.If there is another way could someone please let me know. Thx
Rover

Post by Rover »

You can probably fix it by just taking a little out of the grip where the inside heel of the hand is. I find I need that for most grips.

You can buy a U-shaped rasp that fits a cordless drill pretty cheap at Home Depot. Works great!
ModestoPete

Agree

Post by ModestoPete »

I am not familiar with your pistol as I have a Pardini. However, if there is no internal swivel adjustment, you will have to do what I did with my pistol and do some carving.

Here is a link you should find helpful. It shows you where to add or take away from the grip depending on whether the pistol naturally points up, down, left or right.

http://www.pistol-shooting.com/grip-modifications.php

Good luck
David M

Post by David M »

Setting up a Free pistol grip is an art.
After I modified my Morini with a extended rear sight (similar to the short Airpistol) it took nearly 9 months to get the grip right.
Adding and removing timber as required the initial shaping only took a couple of days, then go shoot it.
As the shape got closer to ideal the amount of changes got smaller and the testing got longer.
In the end it was 6-7 comps between tweaks.
This is a slow process and needs to be done in both summer and winter shooting conditions.
A Free grip should hold the shooter, not the shooter hold the grip.
With light pressure the grip should fit like a well worn glove with no pressure points, leaving the trigger finger clear of any grip contact.
Held loosely the grip for a R/Handed, R/eyed shooter should point slightly up and right. When you tension your hand and wrist to the shooting position, the sight should drop and move into line to the left.
ModestoPete

Yes

Post by ModestoPete »

I agree with David M. The initial setup takes only an hour or so but then you need to shoot with it. You will find that you will be 'tweaking' it for the next several months.

Again, good luck.
Greg R

Post by Greg R »

Thanks for the info all. Took some out of the back and rounded the finger grips, shot with it today and shot a PB. So will keep at it as you say till it is right, well more to the left actually. Cheers
ModestoPete

After Thought

Post by ModestoPete »

You will know your grip is complete when it naturally points to your sighting area

AND

upon recoil, it comes straight back into your hand.

If you watch World Class shooters fire, the muzzle of their Free Pistol hardly moves.
Anupam

Post by Anupam »

The ol' question again comes to mind... long compensator or the short (standard) one ?