Junior Olympics

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

HannahGary

Junior Olympics

Post by HannahGary »

Now from what I understand it's too late to qualify for the Junior Olympics. But I was just wondering what you would have to do to qualify for them. I think you have to shoot in a few specific matches but I may be wrong. Does anyone know exactly what to do cause I plan on trying for it next year.
dschaller

Post by dschaller »

Since the Junior Olympics (assuming you mean the USA Shooting Junior Olympics) are taking place right now, you are correct.

You would need to shoot in your state qualifier and shoot a qualifying score or win your state qualifying match. The state qualifying matches are usually in the November-January time frame and the JOs are the following April.

More information can be found on the USA Shooting web site - http://www.usashooting.org/7-events/njosc
HannahGary

Post by HannahGary »

dschaller wrote:Since the Junior Olympics (assuming you mean the USA Shooting Junior Olympics) are taking place right now, you are correct.

You would need to shoot in your state qualifier and shoot a qualifying score or win your state qualifying match. The state qualifying matches are usually in the November-January time frame and the JOs are the following April.

More information can be found on the USA Shooting web site - http://www.usashooting.org/7-events/njosc
What is the state qualifier?
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Hannah ... Are you looking for info on:
the USA Shooting Junior Olympics in April (now) in Colorado Springs
--or--
the CMP 3-P JOs where USAS "lends" the Olympic term to CMP (mid summer in Anniston or CAmp Perry)?

The USA Shooting Junior Olympics for Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun information can be had at the USA Shooting Junior Olympic program webpage at:
http://www.usashooting.org/7-events/njosc
The state qualifiers for this event are held in Dec-Jan. On the webpage there is a list of USASJO Hosts ... the "host list". Download that and call/email the host for your state. I'll bet just about every host has a set of dates they are thinking of for the 2014 USAS JOs.
These are International events ... USA Shooting rules apply --- 40W/60M shot standing in air rifle .... 3-position(M&W) and prone(M) smallbore rifle ... 40W/60M air pistol and M&W Sport Pistol.
Check it out ... we'd love to see you up here next year!

Regarding qualifying for the CMP 3-P "JOs" .... nobody is really sure how the new qualifying goes as you cannot get a common answer from CMP & NRA from day to day ... even though the regional qualifiers are ongoing.& past. Who knows what they will do next year? This event is really meant for teams now as individuals are at a huge disadvantage to get invites to this event.
HannahGary

Post by HannahGary »

jhmartin wrote:Hannah ... Are you looking for info on:
the USA Shooting Junior Olympics in April (now) in Colorado Springs
--or--
the CMP 3-P JOs where USAS "lends" the Olympic term to CMP (mid summer in Anniston or CAmp Perry)?

The USA Shooting Junior Olympics for Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun information can be had at the USA Shooting Junior Olympic program webpage at:
http://www.usashooting.org/7-events/njosc
The state qualifiers for this event are held in Dec-Jan. On the webpage there is a list of USASJO Hosts ... the "host list". Download that and call/email the host for your state. I'll bet just about every host has a set of dates they are thinking of for the 2014 USAS JOs.
These are International events ... USA Shooting rules apply --- 40W/60M shot standing in air rifle .... 3-position(M&W) and prone(M) smallbore rifle ... 40W/60M air pistol and M&W Sport Pistol.
Check it out ... we'd love to see you up here next year!

Regarding qualifying for the CMP 3-P "JOs" .... nobody is really sure how the new qualifying goes as you cannot get a common answer from CMP & NRA from day to day ... even though the regional qualifiers are ongoing.& past. Who knows what they will do next year? This event is really meant for teams now as individuals are at a huge disadvantage to get invites to this event.
I'm looking towards the USA Shooting Junior Olympics. I believe I have a pretty good chance. I may only be 3rd in the state now but I know I will improve more by next year.
GCSInc

Hannah, call me Maybe?

Post by GCSInc »

We can discuss Saturday at State.

Roy McClain
(678) 772-8185 cell
www.OleMillRangeCTC.com
HannahGary

Re: Hannah, call me Maybe?

Post by HannahGary »

GCSInc wrote:We can discuss Saturday at State.

Roy McClain
(678) 772-8185 cell
www.OleMillRangeCTC.com
Omg. I'm so sorry. I didn't check it until I got home but I will give you a call when it's not midnight.