A subject dear to our hearts...

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Rover

Post by Rover »

I had a good friend who was a homebrewer and a judge at the Great American Beer Festival. He also liked pot, so our tastings got kind of interesting at times.

Never got dry mouth, though.

Here in the desert we kind of like a lighter beer. I drink a lot of Stella Artois (very common here) and Pilsner Urquell, among others.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

In Britain Stella is popular, but it has the reputation of getting people drunk quickly,and making them punchu. It's commonly known as wife beater, or a fight starter.

Thornbridge Jaipur, or Badger Hopping Hare would get my vote in hot weather.
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

Rover wrote: Here in the desert we kind of like a lighter beer. I drink a lot of Stella Artois (very common here) and Pilsner Urquell, among others.
Wow Rover! I had you pegged for a Miller Light kind of guy. Well done!

: )
rmca

Post by rmca »

v76 wrote:Brew your own! Made a thick imperial russian stout last summer (for it to be ready by winter)... about 11 types of grains, 6-7 types of hops and about a bottle of port in there.
Let me stop you right there!

I hope the port you're using isn't the real stuff (made in the Douro region, in the north of Portugal) but some crap made some where else... and if it is, you've probably just improved it!

You got my mouth watering until I read "port"... It´s like putting a red dot scope on top of a TOZ35 or a Morini CM84... you just don't do it... ;)
v76

Post by v76 »

Haha. I'll have to get back to you on that as my "brew notes" are kind of blurry... ; ) However, the port was more like a vehicle for the smoked oak chips than anything as it didn't add much to cut through the 25lbs of grain (lots of roasted) in a 5.5 gal batch.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

dronning wrote:No worries though because I had a pub 300 strides from my flat.

Dave
That far? Sounds horrible.
robf

Post by robf »

dronning wrote:
j-team wrote:Well, Corona is a refreshing summer beer, best enjoyed on a sunny day. That's why you would see it much in the UK...
I lived in London for 20 months I had 3 bright sunny days! Of course on 2 of those days without a cloud in the sky it still managed a light rain! LOL

No worries though because I had a pub 300 strides from my flat.

Dave
Difficult to compare unless you know the length of those trousers.