Opinion on home Electronic targets

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Jordan1s

Re: Bullseye Camera System

Post by Jordan1s »

GCSInc wrote:
TBoy68 wrote:There is another option. That is the Bullseye Camera System. It works out to 1000 yards, and it flashes your last shot or group on your computer screen.
Link / Contact info?

Thanks
Here is the website: http://www.bullseyecamera.com/

Based on what I can see, It functions more like a scope as it does not appear to score the shot for you.
dronning

Re: Bullseye Camera System

Post by dronning »

Jordan1s wrote:
GCSInc wrote:
TBoy68 wrote:There is another option. That is the Bullseye Camera System. It works out to 1000 yards, and it flashes your last shot or group on your computer screen.
Link / Contact info?

Thanks
Here is the website: http://www.bullseyecamera.com/

Based on what I can see, It functions more like a scope as it does not appear to score the shot for you.
You are correct it does not score for you. I have the 1,000 yard version, here is the link to a review I did on it:
http://www.usrifleteams.com/forums/inde ... 3&p=229275

Dave

Just realized you have to sign up to read it so I'm reposting it here:

Test 1,000 yard Bullseye Target Camera
Lakeville Minnesota
34 degrees
1:00 PM
Very sunny
M1 Garand (should have taken the AR)
Using a standard SR1 (not shoot n see) target at 100 yards firing line - didn't get a chance to move the PC further back but I had already done distance test at my farm just to see if I could receive a signal. I picked up the camera from 800+ yards.

1st impression - very well thought out, well made piece of kit. All packed in a very nice cut foam case were, the instructions, thumb drive with software, camera, tripod, 2 batteries, router, extended range antenna, plus cords & chargers. Instructions are simple, plug the thumb drive into your PC and copy software. Hardest part was getting the camera on the tripod I'm an amateur photographer so this should have been easy! Camera is a high quality security camera. All you need to do is turn on the batteries, and in the sequence given in the instructions plug the power cords into the batteries (the 1,000 yard model has 2 batteries) and look for the lights to change to green which were very hard to see in bright sun light.

1st learning was take your computer with you when you set up the camera to test the connection. My 1st attempt one of the green lights wasn't on (I forgot to turn on one of the batteries) so I had to walk back to the camera and turn it on.

2nd learning was the camera position is important in bright sunlight. I was using just a regular SR-1 target and at first the system wasn't picking up the shots (not enough contrast), after moving it about 2 ft everything was just fine. Camera placement is going to take some experimentation in different light conditions with standard targets. Maybe putting a white garbage bag behind the target would help - just like when trying to scope at 600. Using ShootnSee targets there was no problem for the camera to pick up the shots.

The camera is basically taking a snap shot and when you hit the spacebar it compares the new picture with the previous one and marks where there is a difference. You can shoot one shot or several before hitting the spacebar, so it should work fine for rapids.

Biggest issue during the test was seeing my computer screen due to very bright sun on the day I tested it. I'm going to have to work out a shade of some type.

Bottom line like anything new there is a learning curve, and knowing what I know now, yes I'd buy it again.

Dave
Last edited by dronning on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jordan1s

Post by Jordan1s »

Here is another electronic target option that is brand new to the market!

http://www.elitescorer.com/RifleShooting-target.aspx

At a price of about 1200.00 USD, this would probably one of the cheapest electronic targets on the market. The only downside though is that it appears to use consumables, which may get expensive if you train often.

The main reason why I am interested in this product is because it is wifi based! no wires!(except for the power cable) and is advertised to be portable and "plug and play".

I really wish I could try it out myself, but I am rather apprehensive to purchasing mainly because this product is still brand new(might have a few bugs) and also, the company selling the electronic targets is based out of India so shipping of the system might result in some trouble with customs.
Justin3399

Target Scoring System

Post by Justin3399 »

Its is my first day on target talk, I must say I am delighted I found what I wanted :) I was looking for a low cost home use Electronic target. Thank you Jordan1s I went through this new product Elite Scorer and found it very interesting. The cost, I must say just right for me.

The company seems to be quite forward in thinking and have positioned an advanced product into the market. It is WiFi based and the software looks quite a high quality package. The consumables as you say is a question mark, but looking at those prices from their shopping page, that looks cheap too.

However, considering they are new I dont find their representatives in US.. Customs as you say may be a hassle I will have to go through.. But overall, it looks like a positive thing for the community with a low cost home target system coming in. The company that I work for deals with service providers in Bangalore where they are based.. So I guess I will write to them or have someone go check it out.
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you just want to check your shots, any cheap-ass scope will do the job; it's only 10 meteres. Don't reinvent the wheel.

Have you shot ISSF events?

Post by Guest »

They are probably talking about ISSF 10m Air Rifle and Air Pistol events. With the new rules, it is hard or perhaps going to be impossible to score cards accurately. Besides I know a lot of ISSF shooters who compete at the highest level that want the same training environment as in a competition. So I guess using a scope wont help.

(On a lighter note: Adding roller bearings to a wheel is not reinventing a wheel)
Jordan1s

Re: Target Scoring System

Post by Jordan1s »

Justin3399 wrote:Its is my first day on target talk, I must say I am delighted I found what I wanted :) I was looking for a low cost home use Electronic target. Thank you Jordan1s I went through this new product Elite Scorer and found it very interesting. The cost, I must say just right for me.

The company seems to be quite forward in thinking and have positioned an advanced product into the market. It is WiFi based and the software looks quite a high quality package. The consumables as you say is a question mark, but looking at those prices from their shopping page, that looks cheap too.

However, considering they are new I dont find their representatives in US.. Customs as you say may be a hassle I will have to go through.. But overall, it looks like a positive thing for the community with a low cost home target system coming in. The company that I work for deals with service providers in Bangalore where they are based.. So I guess I will write to them or have someone go check it out.
Here's the best part about the new electronic system. They even let you download a "demo" version of the software so you can(in a way) test drive the software of the electronic targeting system without having to buy it. Each consumable roll(individually) only cost 8.00 USD(sold in a pack of 10 for a total cost of 80.00USD) and can handle 4000 shots. The site even claims that the roll can be used twice! If the hardware is as precise and durable as the website claims it to be, then Sius, Meyton, and Megalink will definitely have another competitor in the electronic target market. If the hardware turns out well, then I will definitely be purchasing one in the near future :)

Here is a link to the download for the demo version of their software. What's awesome is that it is basically the same as the "mec shot app". The only difference is that this one is free :)

http://www.elitescorer.com/DownloadReg.aspx

Here is a sample picture of what you will see on the screen when shooting on the firing line. Yay! a 100!

john bickar

Re: Have you shot ISSF events?

Post by john bickar »

Anonymous wrote:They are probably talking about ISSF 10m Air Rifle and Air Pistol events. With the new rules, it is hard or perhaps going to be impossible to score cards accurately. Besides I know a lot of ISSF shooters who compete at the highest level that want the same training environment as in a competition. So I guess using a scope wont help.

(On a lighter note: Adding roller bearings to a wheel is not reinventing a wheel)
Leaving decimal scoring aside, shooting AP on electronic targets is qualitatively different - in multiple ways - from shooting on paper.

I agree with Rover on the "cheap-ass scope" up to the national/World Cup level, but once you get to that point, you need to train for the environment where your competitions will be taking place.

To put it in a different light, there's a reason all of the top bullseye pistol shooters go to Canton, Ohio, in early July, and it ain't (just) the kielbasa and hospitality.
Justin3399

Post by Justin3399 »

Jordan1s wrote:
Justin3399 wrote:Its is my first day on target talk, I must say I am delighted I found what I wanted :) I was looking for a low cost home use Electronic target. Thank you Jordan1s I went through this new product Elite Scorer and found it very interesting. The cost, I must say just right for me.

Here's the best part about the new electronic system. They even let you download a "demo" version of the software so you can(in a way) test drive the software of the electronic targeting system without having to buy it. Each consumable roll(individually) only cost 8.00 USD(sold in a pack of 10 for a total cost of 80.00USD) and can handle 4000 shots. The site even claims that the roll can be used twice! If the hardware is as precise and durable as the website claims it to be, then Sius, Meyton, and Megalink will definitely have another competitor in the electronic target market. If the hardware turns out well, then I will definitely be purchasing one in the near future :)

Here is a link to the download for the demo version of their software. What's awesome is that it is basically the same as the "mec shot app". The only difference is that this one is free :)

Here is a sample picture of what you will see on the screen when shooting on the firing line. Yay! a 100!

I could get some one online from Elite Scorer on their chat support. That was very helpful as the guy on the other side seems to be a top level shooter as well. They clarified to me about the paper roll usage, the 4000 shots was miscalculated and stands corrected on their website :( For a few moments I was excited. Anyways they say in a single use we can shoot about 400-500 shots for Air Rifle and it can be used 2 times. Thats still a whole lot cheaper than the paper cards that I use.

I did express my interest to buy the system, but they said they are yet to launch in India and it is planned to be sold in a weeks time. As far as shipping to US is concerned, they want to do it after FCC and CE certifications which could take a month as per the guy on the support.

I dont mind waiting for a month as long as they deliver me a high quality and safe product. Now for the customs, I was very happy to hear that they have a tie up with DHL and FEDEX.. It shall be delivered to my door step after all customs clearance. Sufficient literature will be given with the product to make the process smooth they claim.

I am just too excited if all this turns out the way it seems. I wonder if any one will even think of a Sius Ascor/Megalink/Meyton.. As long as ISSF certification is not required, this looks like the best and cheap overall package. (We already know ISSF certification drives up costs making them virtually not affordable for home users).

Nice shooting with the mouse click though ;)
Jordan1s

Post by Jordan1s »

Justin3399 wrote:
Jordan1s wrote:

I could get some one online from Elite Scorer on their chat support. That was very helpful as the guy on the other side seems to be a top level shooter as well. They clarified to me about the paper roll usage, the 4000 shots was miscalculated and stands corrected on their website :( For a few moments I was excited. Anyways they say in a single use we can shoot about 400-500 shots for Air Rifle and it can be used 2 times. Thats still a whole lot cheaper than the paper cards that I use.

I did express my interest to buy the system, but they said they are yet to launch in India and it is planned to be sold in a weeks time. As far as shipping to US is concerned, they want to do it after FCC and CE certifications which could take a month as per the guy on the support.

I dont mind waiting for a month as long as they deliver me a high quality and safe product. Now for the customs, I was very happy to hear that they have a tie up with DHL and FEDEX.. It shall be delivered to my door step after all customs clearance. Sufficient literature will be given with the product to make the process smooth they claim.

I am just too excited if all this turns out the way it seems. I wonder if any one will even think of a Sius Ascor/Megalink/Meyton.. As long as ISSF certification is not required, this looks like the best and cheap overall package. (We already know ISSF certification drives up costs making them virtually not affordable for home users).

Nice shooting with the mouse click though ;)
If I were you, I'd go with FEDEX over DHL(I've had many bad experiences with them when shipping internationally). I too am waiting anxiously to purchase one; Cost-wise and design-wise, it looks like it could be a hot selling product. Now if only we could get a distributor for this product in the US :)
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

sbtz
If it is anything like the webcam cameras, the lens wiill have too wide an angle. It would be nice if it had a zoom lens, so you could position it at a shallow angle, but farther from the target. With a wide angle lens, you would have to put it close and either point it down or up at a steep angle.

But the idea is good.
Nikhil

Software Elitescorer

Post by Nikhil »

Hey guys.. thanks a ton for all the information above @Jordan1s !

I checked their website Elitescorer.com
Seems like a new buzz.. i could even download a mac version of the software..its simply superb interface..as a shooter myself i would love to train on something like this than those old school suis black n white..! looks like the future is here :D

Waiting to shoot on it.. contacted their company and soon will be getting a shot on it.. will send my review after getting a hand on it :)

And @Jordan1s Its A MEC app for sure :D

this is the link to mac download guys

Happy Shooting !
Ron Kurtz

For Shooting Club?

Post by Ron Kurtz »

This is definitely interesting. But can it really be used to conduct private club competitions? It surely has to prove the reliability factor. Seems this sector is heating up for a price war. If only they maintain the reliability and quality of Sius/Meyton, I suppose there will be lot of takers.
Steve33

Awesome!

Post by Steve33 »

Its an awesome tool for sure! Loved the software and price. Any links to the video??