Importing new air pistols to Australia

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
brakarzac

Importing new air pistols to Australia

Post by brakarzac »

Can someone help with the cheapest way to bring in new firearms from europe to Australia.

I guess I need a custom agent/carrier and a dealer to process the registration?

As I can buy new Steyr Air Pistols from Germany $1000 cheaper than I can get new in Australia.

Surely the import costs and dealer charges won't cost $1000 for a couple Lp10 E pistols

Cheers

Brad
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Don't forget to factor in repair costs, should there be any. Your warranty will be with the seller, so if a problem ocurrs, that where you'll need to return the gun. If you need it repairing locally then you'll most likely have to pay for it all.

Rob.
David M

Post by David M »

Cheap Flights to pick one up.

Air China (CA174)
Economy $2160
($1515 + $645 taxes)

Sydney [SYD]
Beijing [PEK]
Frankfurt [FRA]

and back
Air China (CA966)
Leon

Post by Leon »

It will only be cost effective if air pistols are not classified as a firearms in Germany ( I'm pretty sure that may be the case ) and can be sent by post as, about 18 months ago, they changed the rules and all firearms must be sent by air freight - the costs of which are quite high from Germany. I've done numerous imports from Germany and the last shipment - 5 handguns cost about 800 Euros in freight

Also, as an added bonus, as it's an export, you can remove the 19% German sales tax.

As an alternative, look at other European countries with a more relaxed view of shipping firearms - I've done a couple of firearms imports from the Czech Republic and they are more than happy to send by Czech Post.
ron88nnie

Post by ron88nnie »

Leon wrote:It will only be cost effective if air pistols are not classified as a firearms in Germany ( I'm pretty sure that may be the case ) and can be sent by post as, about 18 months ago, they changed the rules and all firearms must be sent by air freight - the costs of which are quite high from Germany. I've done numerous imports from Germany and the last shipment - 5 handguns cost about 800 Euros in freight

Also, as an added bonus, as it's an export, you can remove the 19% German sales tax.

As an alternative, look at other European countries with a more relaxed view of shipping firearms - I've done a couple of firearms imports from the Czech Republic and they are more than happy to send by Czech Post.
Sorry to intrude , I am in a similar situation , I am looking for a Styer LP10 with below 2 joules , for practising at homg , because , the law here : pistols of below 2 joules power is not governed by the gun restriction , so there is no problem of importing & practicing ; in fact , there is a couple of LP10 2 joules among our friends. However , Styer asked me to go through the local dealer , price is outrageous , while compared with that in Germany (like the beginning post , I found this German online shop) , yet this German shop indicated : "there is no LP10 with less than 2 joules". So I need help here : are we talking about the same German shop - Buinger ? Or other German shops ? And what is the link of this Czech shop ? I need to talk to them about ordering a LP10 2 joules. Thanks a lot.
Leon

Post by Leon »