Anschutz Bolts

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

19zip

Anschutz Bolts

Post by 19zip »

What is the difference between an Anschutz 54 Match, an 1813, or a 1913 models Bolts? The ones I've seen look almost the same.
Are they Not interchangeable?
I was thinking it would be nice to have a second bolt for my 1913 with the dry fire firing pin in it. So I didn't have to take the bolt apart to switch pins for dry fire practicing.
Thanks for any help..
Jason

Post by Jason »

Not to be a cranky pants or anything, but it only takes about 30 seconds to swap firing pins on a Match 54 bolt.

Jason
Denton

Post by Denton »

Jason wrote:Not to be a cranky pants or anything, but it only takes about 30 seconds to swap firing pins on a Match 54 bolt.

Jason
Hi Jason,
Thats well and good if you know how to perform this task, however its possible 19zip does not know how dismantle a bolt and is nervous about doing so...can you advise 19zip on how to perform this task? Its also possible 19zip was unaware that firing pins can be swapped.
Your comments are not very productive.

My 2c.
D.
rbs

dry firing pin

Post by rbs »

after breaking two dry firing pins, around $50 ea, I started using spent hulls and regular firing pin with no problems
RobStubbs

Re: dry firing pin

Post by RobStubbs »

rbs wrote:after breaking two dry firing pins, around $50 ea, I started using spent hulls and regular firing pin with no problems
Or use snap caps. That's what we use all the time with the rifle squad I help coach, when they use scatt. Snap caps cost next to nothing and can be re-used many times.

Rob.
justadude

Post by justadude »

Your quick primer on bolts:

The 18xx and 19xx bolts are the same.

An 18xx/19xx bolt can physically be inserted into a 16xx or 14xx action but the firing pin / release lever relationship is wrong.

A 14xx bolt will not go into a 16xx or higher action as the wing safety impacts the left rear of the receiver.

Between 18xx and 19xx you could have one with a dry fire pin in it. DO NOT however put a regular pin in a bolt that has not been checked for proper headspace.

Dude
DesertShooter

Post by DesertShooter »

At the club I coach/shoot at we use snap caps. We've found it easier then using spent cases, and most of the guns we have we can't get dry firing pins for. The only bad thing about snap caps is with heavy use they will eventually break and if it gets stuck in the extractor it's a pain in the butt to get out.
metalsmith

In need of the bolt though.....

Post by metalsmith »

I need to obtain an anshutz 54 bolt, which I think was the orignal question sort of. Knowing all bolts are hard to aquire, how about a 54? and where?

Kevin Taylor
justadude

Post by justadude »

metalsmith,

Unfortnately it is not as easy as just ordering a bolt and putting it in. It must be fit by a gunsmith for proper headspace.

Best bet, contact Champions Choice as they are a listed repair center.

Dude
19zip

Post by 19zip »

Thanks Dude for the quick primer on Anschutz bolts. Most helpful.
Thanks too to everone else for their input.
I actually do know how to disassemble my 1913 Anschutz bolt and put in my dry firing firing pin. I do it whenever I'm not going to be shooting smallbore competitions for a while.
I also disassemble, clean, and lube the bolts on my High Power rifles as needed.
I don't realy like fooling with spent .22 cases that much. I have never tried the .22 cal Snap Caps. Do they hold up pretty well?? Are the Tipton ones the better ones??
I read that some shooters use #4 drywall anchors for dry firing and they're pretty cheap. Anyone here tried them? Thanks again for your input and help...

...zip