New Morini AP around the corner

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

If you mean the interview (I suppose so, although I find questions without question marks confusing), it's actually on pilkguns - http://www.pilkguns.com/intmn.shtml
Muffo

Post by Muffo »

Yes that's what I ment. Sorry I'm only using my phone so grammar often gets neglected. I will probably start a new ti pic regarding this and a few other morning related things tomorrow so as not to hi jack this thread further
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

gn303 wrote:
David Levene wrote:
gn303 wrote:To be frank, I doubt is Morini will come out with really new stuff since Cesare left for his own business.
Are you suggesting that Morini haven't produced a new gun since Cesare left them in 1995? If so then you're wrong I'm afraid.
That's good news David. However you can hardly say that the Titanium version is a new deal, nor the digital pressure indicator.
Maybe not, but how about the CM22 and CM32. They were post-Cesare.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

so where is the new morini ap?
TB

Post by TB »

Actually I was at the 10m European championships last weekend and I asked one of the Morini guys the same question. He said that it is only in the proto type stage so his guessed it would be in the market in about 2-3 years.

He also said that they are not in the development of a new free pistol. But then again, why should they as they are totally dominant in that event contrary to air pistol.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

sounds reasonable.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

What they keep telling people is that there is no need for a new Morini AP, as they claim to be shipping them by the palletload to China. Funny enough, almost no Chinese international level shooters are using Morinis, but what do I know. They seem to ride the cash cow right to the end. With the smaller electronics developed by the Russians (see Igor's blog), it wouldn't seem impossible to build a newer 162 with an adjustable grip, perhaps a bit lighter, with or without an absorber (who cares), but the current stone age AP sure fell way behind the Steyr and the Walther in terms of what it offers to the average shooter.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

Tycho wrote:What they keep telling people is that there is no need for a new Morini AP, as they claim to be shipping them by the palletload to China. Funny enough, almost no Chinese international level shooters are using Morinis...

From what I have heard (speaking to a Chinese friend), they are selling very well in China. Morini appear to have made a real effort to get their name known in China and probably more so than other manufacturers.

http://www.morini.cn

For every international level shooter in China, there are hundreds (possibly thousands) of shooters in China who are not far below them (and who would probably be international-level shooters in many other countries where competition to get one of the few places in the national squad isn't so fierce). Many club shooters are using Morini and they have also have a system of talent scouts searching high-schools for potential shooters with natural ability (and this applies to almost every Olympic sport that China is involved in) and most of these are using Morini. In saying that, I agree with Tycho that it would be prudent for them to use some of their cash-flow to develop their product lines rather than just sitting comfortably on what they currently do.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

Sorry David for replying so late. Somehow I must have missed your post.
I have nothing against Morini (the gun factory) nor against Cesare. The only thing I was afraid about is that with the inventor new ideas wouldn't come out of the factory. I have no idea what the quarrel was between Cesare and Morini. The .22 and .32 shoot well and can compete with any other target pistol today. And I take your word that these models were developed after CM left the factory. Besides, not all of Cesare's ideas are successes. I was told that his MG Rapid fire is difficult to tune and function reliably. But they are a dream to shoot when functioning well.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

...the quarrel was between Cesare and Morini
That would be between Cesare Morini and Francesco Repich, the owner of Morini SA. The company kept the naming rights, which is why there has never been another pistol named Morini, even if Cesare designed it (SAM Lugano, Matchguns). The CM22/CM32 are based on a design by Renzo Bonora (and I believe Bruno Civolani) and were developed, respectively bought and developed further by Morini, much later. There hasn't been much original development at Morini since Cesare left, which does not have to be a problem, but could be seen as a negative indicator regarding their capabilities.
gn303

Post by gn303 »

Thank you for these details Tycho.
Guy