Non-shooting hand.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Osmun

Non-shooting hand.

Post by Osmun »

How to deal with that properly? Is there any rule how to train non-shooting hand to keep balance in muscle tension and strain?

I’m air pistol shooter and make a lots of repetition (especial dry fire) If I had had to make the same with non-shooting hand the time of training would be double longer . I can't afford that because lack of time. (work, family, etc.)

I read an article written by Russians that for each 6 repetition of shooting hands you should make one for non-shooting hand. In their opinion it’s enough to keep balance in both body site strain and to carry about the spine. Is that right?

I'm curious how you solve this problem in your daily training.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

There is training and there is practice. I don't know what the advantage would be for weak hand practice, at least for the shooting sports discussed on this forum - I believe some "practical pistol" competitions require shooting with both weak and strong hands. As far as training is concerned, I do basic exercises with weights in each hand and use a Grip-Master Pro exerciser in alternating hands (on my daily commute - exercise and stress relief, all in one). I would guess that since the weight training, even with 5-8 lb weights, is dynamic and more strenuous than holding up a pistol it would be adequate to balance muscle development. Unless, perhaps, you are a serious competitor who spends hours a day shooting.

But then, I am not a serious competitor - just someone who enjoys shooting and thinks he would enjoy it more if if there were more tens and fewer "not tens".

Roger
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

If you do weight training then you need to train both sides equally. If you 'just shoot' and dry fire etc then I'd suggest it's not essential.

Rob.