Pistol box size

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

funtoz

Pistol box size

Post by funtoz »

I gave up bullseye for international pistol shooting many years ago. I donated my old pistol box to a new shooter. The international matches in that area were mostly single gun, so I didn't really need the big box. I have now retired to sunny Florida and the international matches here are 4 gun, lasting as long or longer than a 2700. That big box would be really handy to get the equipment out to the line. It took 4 trips to the car to haul all the stuff in their individual boxes and bags. I was starting to think I was a highpower guy and in need of a wheelbarrow.

I was shopping for range boxes last night. It looks like fitting air and free pistols into them is going to be close. Is there someone that shoots both that can tell me if my guns will go into the Cun-ho box before I invest in one?

Larry
Chris

Post by Chris »

I have a Gun-ho 5 gun box and my Toz just fits in it with only a little room to spare. I have to raise the grip up by placing it on a box of ammo so I can slide the tray back in the box. LP10 fits fine. Becase of the size of the grips it will take a 5 gun box to get 4 guns and other stuff you need to take with you.

If I were you I would look at a pelican case. You can attach a scope mount to the lid.
shadow

Post by shadow »

The metal boxes that all the BE shooters now use make an extra long version that should work for an air or free pistol; check Champions Choice and check out all the dimension carefully.
FredB

length and width

Post by FredB »

Larry,

As Chris pointed out, a pistol box used for ISSF type guns has width, as well as length, considerations. I'd suggest you contact Greg Walloch at http://www.precisionpistolbox.com/ . He will build you a custom box to fit your requirements, and it likely won't cost any more than the standard boxes. He is a shooter, and a great person to deal with (I am a very satisfied customer). Even if you don't buy a box from him, I'm sure talking with him will be valuable.

HTH,
FredB
sbtzc

Post by sbtzc »

I have one of these;

http://www.bullseyegear.com/bullseyepis ... t=0&page=1

An IZH-46M, a LP10 and a Toz will fit all pointing in the same direction.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Greg Walloch's website says "sold out" next to all of the pictures boxes.
FredB

call him

Post by FredB »

shadow wrote:Greg Walloch's website says "sold out" next to all of the pictures boxes.
It's a small business. If you are interested, call him or email him. He will reply.
precisionpistolbox

Post by precisionpistolbox »

Sorry, I was shooting the Midwinter in Phoenix. I'm back in the shop. Boxes are available please call me. 949-280-7092.
mparker

Re: call him

Post by mparker »

FredB wrote:
shadow wrote:Greg Walloch's website says "sold out" next to all of the pictures boxes.
It's a small business. If you are interested, call him or email him. He will reply.
+1

If you need a box and want a great buying experience call this guy. Tell him what gear you have and what you think you want to carry and he has the box for you or can customize one. I ordered this afternoon.

. . . and he calls back to ask about details not originally discussed. First Rate!
funtoz

Post by funtoz »

I thank all of you for your time. I think I will be making a custom box in the shop. I have the tools to do it... and what else is a retired guy to do other than shoot. I was a bit concerned with box layout, but I think I have seen enough pictures to figure it out. If I screw it up, I'll have some nice firewood and will have greg make me one. His boxes look darned good.

Larry
jasjohnie

Post by jasjohnie »

That was interesting sir,, im sure you wanna do that so quick,, cause you have a tools to use for doing that,, and if you finish that your weapons gonna be safe.