Walther LG 200 vs. Anschutz 2002 CA

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ctaney

Walther LG 200 vs. Anschutz 2002 CA

Post by ctaney »

I am looking for opinions on theses two air rifles. I own one of each, but as what I would call a sixty-some year old who dabbles with 10m air rifle shooting, one of them has to go. I realize the LG 200 is the older technology, but I am curious as to the general opinion some of you may have of these rifles. Both have laminate stocks. Also, please note I am a very mediocre shooter, so Olympic-caliber rifles are not needed in my case.
|Thanks.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I had a 2002CA for a number of years and it was bullet proof. I never owned a LG200 so I can not comment on that model specifically. All air gun share the need for service eventually. So I think a factor is ease of finding parts and getting a rebuild. I would guess the Anschutz would be easier to support.
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

I own a LG200 that my daughter shoots. It was owned and used by a high level air rifle competitor for many years. No telling how many shots through this thing.

She also has a LG400 aluminum and a LG400 Anatomic. Guess what? The old LG200 will outshoot both of them in the vise for pellet testing, and she shoots it better standing than either of the new rifles as well.

No experience with the ANS, but this LG200 is still going strong.
ctaney

Post by ctaney »

Terry and Marsh,

Thank you both for your input.

Regards,

Chuck