Describe the Morini and Steyr triggers and differences

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Houngan

Post by Houngan »

Interesting. Does anyone know the breakdown of electronic vs. mechanical at the top level?
flolo

Post by flolo »

One more thing to consider: steyr's coming out with a new electronic trigger this year( from what i heard, in summer), which, as the morini trigger, will have an opening switch instead of the closing. So maybe there's a difference...
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

flolo in the morini design the trigger pushes the microswith to close. it is not an opening switch circuit. in fact even with the electronics in the off position you can feel the click of the microswitch if you pull slow enough.
On the other hand in my matchguns mg1e the design is of an opening contact and when electronics are off you cant tell where the disengage happens. i dont own a steyr gun but i think it is the same (opening).
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

with steyr you feel with the board off the switch as morini.
ghostrip

Post by ghostrip »

thanks luke. wish i had an lp10e to dismantle and play with :P
jipe

Post by jipe »

Look at this test of Visier http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules ... download=1 it contains diagrams of the trigger weight vs. trigger position for several pistols including the LP10E.

The difference between the LP10E and mechanical triggers is obvious.

The only stupid thing is that they didn't include the Morini 162ie, which is a kind of reference for electronic trigger, in the test ! May be it is in another Visier test ?
David M

Post by David M »

The Morini has two different circuit/switch designs.
The early one with the 15v battery is break circuit same as the free pistol. The later AAA battery is make circuit.
The early circuit had a greater range of travel for the second stage to set up a roll off trigger and less micro switch spring feel.
flolo

Post by flolo »

@ghostrip : according to francesco the switch is opening, so i'll trust him on this as i think he knows what he's building. Steyr is the other way round and they change this. Maybe they constructed it initially this way for the lp5/50...
j-team

Post by j-team »

I had heard or read (maybe on this forum) that Steyr, Morini and Pardini all use exactly the same micro switch for their electronic triggers.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Definitely not true, I've got at least one of each, and there are almost no similarities at all, and certainly not in the switch. We even took apart a Pardini trigger some years back to replace the microswitch, so I'd know what it looks like, and it's not the same thing I'm seeing in the Morini and the Steyr. Wouldn't matter if it did, though, as the switch itself is not important (as long as it works).

The Morini trigger (15V) definitely releases on opening, which is why you can shoot the Morini without a trigger stop and just pull through forever. In a Pardini, you'll break the switch from the board doing that. The Steyr e-trigger is cheap trash, it's a miracle that it works as good as it does, and no wonder that the LP50e got pulled from the market as fast as it was. My 50e works pretty well, but come on - a plastic frame??
flolo

Post by flolo »

This, the different balance (new main housing, at least on the lp10e) and the way to fix the grip...

And, wasn' t the 2x1,5 AA board from morini sold as direct replacement for the older 15v? So the switches should work the same. Pressing a switch in doesn't necessarily mean it's closing.