baikal toz35m

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
jakuda

baikal toz35m

Post by jakuda »

In California, the Olympic exempt pistol list only lists "Vostok Toz35" and 35m. I have the opportunity to mail order in a Baikal Toz35m. Is there a difference? Would a FFL give me issues?

thanks
conradin

Post by conradin »

Its gonna be a big headache to have it passed customs. A local FFL can do it, but they may not know how to deal with the customs, and even if they do, they are not equipped to do all the paperwork because of a lack in import license.
If you go through an FFL with an import license it will be much easier, after the customs passed and they receive the TOZ, they then have to send it to your FFL.
Best to contact an importer before you do it.
It is exempt, I would not worry about it.

Anyway, expect anything from 2 months to 6 months to receive your pistol.
Tank

Post by Tank »

Not that for one second do I doubt the poster above but I would ask why? Why is customs an issue? Apart from the obvious, that they want money AKA "import duty" from the importer, why would Customs be an issue?
Just curious is all.
GOVTMODEL

Re: baikal toz35m

Post by GOVTMODEL »

jakuda wrote:In California, the Olympic exempt pistol list only lists "Vostok Toz35" and 35m. I have the opportunity to mail order in a Baikal Toz35m. Is there a difference? Would a FFL give me issues?

thanks
Are you bringing it into the US from a foreign country? If yes, you'll need Form 6. When I did it the procedure was quite painless.
Tank

Post by Tank »

There are some very odd and curious rules regarding the import and export of guns and shooting equipment into and out of the US, UK and Europe but by and large "Olympic Sport Equipment" is pretty much left alone - outside of the usual taxes.
It is when we start importing and exporting vintage guns the problems can begin and for some strange reason, if a US store ships a riflescope overseas I think it is a Federal offence! I can see why, but of course it doesnt stop a private individual selling one. I know, I don't pretend to understand it.
jakuda

Post by jakuda »

Thanks for the replies. The toz is already with a FFL in the US, so import issues aren't the problem. I'm only worried that a local FFL in the area handling the transfer may do everything by the letter, and claim that a Baikal Toz is not on the CA list but a Vostok Toz is.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Oh, you are fine! No worries. Most people can't tell the difference between Baikal and Vostok anyway. Which FFL are you using? Consider we live in the same area.
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

They are both TOZ's. You should not have any problem.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Well, it will get interesting when somebody mistakes a TOZ 35 for a IZH 35, both of which I've seen advertised as Baikal/Vostok/TOZ/Tula 35/35M, in any conceivable combination.
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

Well IZH 35 is totally different deal. Have one of each. Both great.