2 guns in the .22 match?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Cigarbarguy

2 guns in the .22 match?

Post by Cigarbarguy »

I have been shooting bullseye for a few months now, with just one gun (.22), so I just do the first 900 points in a match.

I have kind of a strange question: Can I use two guns for the .22 match? A free pistol for the slow fire section and then another for the timed and rapid fire? Obviously the free pistol would have to meet the equipment control requirements of trigger pull, etc. But is this within the rules?

Thanks in advance for your help!
GOVTMODEL

changing pistol during a match

Post by GOVTMODEL »

The rule permits changing pistols during a match only if the first one is disabled. Changing between matches is unlimited, but that is not what you're describing.
GOVTMODEL

changing pistol during a match

Post by GOVTMODEL »

redundant
Last edited by GOVTMODEL on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1911nut

Post by 1911nut »

I thought you could do what you describe:

Here's the text from the NRA rules:

compete.nra.org/documents/pdf/.../RuleBooks/Pistol/pistol-book.pdf

9.1 Changing Pistols - Competitors are to use the same pistol during single stage matches, i.e., Slow Fire, Timed Fire, Rapid Fire and NMC (a single match). If a pistol becomes disabled at any time and is designated as
such by the Chief Range Officer, all shots fired up to the time the claim is made will stand as part of the official
score. Any disabled claim must be made immediately. The exchange of barrels, detachable weights etc. shall not
be restricted. ( For timed and rapid fire see rules 9.5, 10.9, and 10.10.)

Single Stage Course
Any number of strings (10 shot at 50 yards slow fire, or 5-shot at timed or rapid fire) fired at a single distance as specified in the conditions of the match and in the regular time allowed for that type of firing.

The way I read this is you could use 4 different pistols in a 900 match.
gulliver62

Post by gulliver62 »

1911 nut is correct.

Your conforming free pistol (check sight radius) could be fired in the slow fire match (the first 200 points). But you would have to shoot one pistol in the National Match Course so one slow fire with another pistol.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

gulliver62 wrote:1911 nut is correct.

Your conforming free pistol (check sight radius) could be fired in the slow fire match (the first 200 points). But you would have to shoot one pistol in the National Match Course so one slow fire with another pistol.
This is ocrrect. Most free pistols have too long a sight radius to be bullseye legal. I think the limit is ten inches?
#1texan

Post by #1texan »

Also I don't think you could ever get the trigger in a free pistol heavy enough to make it legal for bullseye
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Why bother, just practice more with your primary 22,
agentr

Post by agentr »

LMAO!!!!! Nice try!