Price chek please

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Red-feather

Price chek please

Post by Red-feather »

Curious on used air pistol prices....
Do you think $975 is about right for a used Walther LP200? It has been checked out by a good company....
NDbullseye

Post by NDbullseye »

Yes. I paid $1000 for a lp201 two years ago.
Neon21

Post by Neon21 »

omg, $975 for a LP200??
Even if it's the newest build LP200, it's 13 Years old and has been sold for only about $1100 new.

I just checked some prices and the LP300 (new) is sold for under $1200.
So I'm suggesting to buy the new version for $200 more and have a absolutly unused gun.

(Or is there any special thing on the LP200 that would make it worth nearly $1000?)
John C

Post by John C »

Competition air pistols are relatively rare and expensive in the US, so $975 doesn't seem too far out of line for an ASKING price.

Whether you should BUY it is another question. Neon is exactly right, the Walther 300 club is $1175 at Champions Choice or Pyramyd Air. Note that Pyramyd Air has free shipping.

If the extra $200 bucks is even an option for you (and it may not be....times are tight all over) then it might be worth it for a new pistol.

-John
Neon21

Post by Neon21 »

ok, I can imaging that APs are not very popular in the US.
Here in Germany they are the only guns that you can get without having a license and being observed..
I.e. I'm just selling my LP300 (5month old!) and I hardly get $920 for it here..
Red-feather

Links to overseas classifieds

Post by Red-feather »

Would the costs of shipping far excede the savings of purchasing from the UK...?
RobStubbs

Re: Links to overseas classifieds

Post by RobStubbs »

Red-feather wrote:Would the costs of shipping far excede the savings of purchasing from the UK...?
Dont forget to factor in any repairs or 'return to dealer' costs. Buy in / from the UK, that's where your warranty is valid.

Rob.
Red-feather

Post by Red-feather »

***Very good point that I never even considered....***!!!
Thank you....
Tank

Re: Links to overseas classifieds

Post by Tank »

RobStubbs wrote: Dont forget to factor in any repairs or 'return to dealer' costs. Buy in / from the UK, that's where your warranty is valid.

Rob.
Not strictly true Rob, Worldwide Warranty is just that - Worldwide

I am fascinated to see that over here in Europe all of the US made air Pistols - all the vintage stuff especially - is expensive and everyone over here is trying to get it shipped over and all of the target stuff over here is expensive in the US and everyone over there is trying to get a deal going.
It would be quite funny if it wasn't so tragic!

Gun control, who wants it?
Red-feather

Post by Red-feather »

If there is a gun around...I want to be in control of it... lol
Tank

Post by Tank »

Red-feather wrote:If there is a gun around...I want to be in control of it... lol
Very good. But not if some of the people I see in your Government have anything to do with it!
luftskytter

Post by luftskytter »

Even if overhauled, there's the issue of tank life in an old pistol.

Also make sure that you make the right long term investment.
You probably don't want to buy another one too soon.....
Have you made a list of the features that you want?
Extra cylinder?
Built in pressure gauge?
Multiadjustable grip?
Adjustable sight width?
Etc.
Some of these things are not available in all models.

BTW,
in Norway I would expect to pay about 150 - 170 USD for a modern AP in mint condition. Things are not cheap here......
Red-feather

Post by Red-feather »

Tank wrote:
Red-feather wrote:If there is a gun around...I want to be in control of it... lol
Very good. But not if some of the people I see in your Government have anything to do with it!
That may turn into a scrap they dont anticipate from dedicated citizens who are pretty fed up with some of the decisions being made by few for many.....
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

luftskytter wrote:BTW,
in Norway I would expect to pay about 150 - 170 USD for a modern AP in mint condition. Things are not cheap here......
I think you might have got the exchange conversion slightly wrong. Either that, or I'm on the next flight from Heathrow ;-)