Pardini FPM Free Pistol Opinions

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Randy

Pardini FPM Free Pistol Opinions

Post by Randy »

I have dabbled with free pistol and never felt comfortable with my Walther FP that I have now. The Walther is very accurate and great trigger but it never seemed to "fit." I then got a chance to buy a TOZ from a guy who was getting out of shooting for $300 and I thought it would be a good spare. It was never a thing of beauty and practicing with the Walther and TOZ, I just did a little better with the Walther so I stayed with it. I never shot a lot of matches but I like the challenge and I think it will make me a better shooter even in other disciplines.

Ok, I saw what looked like a good deal on a NIB Pardini FPM for around $1500. I searched for some posts on the FPM but couldn't find anything. I saw other Pardinis but not the FPM. Anyone have any opinions on them? Thanks in advance.
ricchap

Post by ricchap »

$1,500 for a NIB Pardini FPM is a great deal. I think their list price was $2,250 last time I checked. I have own mine for about 4 months. Very nice trigger. It has a lot of rake on the grip, just like the Morini CM-84E. Be careful with the grip size. Their small size is really a small/medium and their medium is really a large grip. I am normally a medium size grip and the medium grip that came with my gun is too big for me. I recently tried their smaller grip and it fits me perfect. You will be happy with your new gun. Another option will be a Matchguns MG-5. It comes with a fully adjustable grip.
6string

Post by 6string »

Hi,

You might want to consider contacting PardiniUSA in Florida and find out how similar it is to the earlier FP22.
The FP22 has received some excellent praise.
If you do a search on "targettalk" you will find a very in depth review of the FP22 that has been cited often.
If the FPM and FP22 are a similar as appearances suggest, I would consider that to be a good thing. Have you had a chance to handle the FPM? Given your experiences with the Walther and the TOZ, your instincts might serve you well.

Jim
Randy

Pardini

Post by Randy »

Thanks for the responses. I did read the FP22 thread but I did not know how much difference there was with the FPM. I didn't call Pardini as I thought the gun is a good deal so I am going to take my chances and just buy it. I will get some pics when I get it. Any further advice is appreciated and thanks again.

FYI: here is the Pardini they had it listed as a FBM but you can see FPM in the photos.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/919948748/Pa ... M_22LR.htm