High Standard

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Trooperjake

High Standard

Post by Trooperjake »

Does anyone know the difference between the Supermatic Citation and Trophy High Standard?
gulliver62

very little

Post by gulliver62 »

In the later series (106 on I think) Trophy has gold trigger, slide release, magazine release and the Citation is Silver
I think it had a slightly nicer blue job.

If you are looking for a shooter, there is no difference in that respect.

Make sure you don't get a Tournament or Sharpshooter with the sight mounted on the slide rather than on a bridge. I believe there is an early version of the Citation that has the sight on the slide also (104 series?)
Last edited by gulliver62 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cundiff5535

Re: High Standard

Post by Cundiff5535 »

Trooperjake wrote:Does anyone know the difference between the Supermatic Citation and Trophy High Standard?
Here you go!

http://www.histandard.info/PDF2012/Models%20chart.pdf
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

Cundiff5535

Thanks, for the chart, but it doesn't answer my question.

Exactly was is the difference between the two models, what makes one better or different than the other.
To me they look identical.
What am I missing.
jackh

Post by jackh »

There is no practical difference between Trophy and Citation. Victor as well. It is all cosmetic.
jackh

Re: very little

Post by jackh »

gulliver62 wrote:In the later series (106 on I think) Trophy has gold trigger, slide release, magazine release and the Citation is Silver
I think it had a slightly nicer blue job.

If you are looking for a shooter, there is no difference in that respect.

Make sure you don't get a Tournament or Sharpshooter with the sight mounted on the slide rather than on a bridge. I believe there is an early version of the Citation that has the sight on the slide also (104 series?)

I have used HS since 1969. My scores between the two sights are the same. There is however a superior sight picture with later models as they have a deeper rear sight notch. (actually a higher top edge)
Also IMO the adjustable trigger stop and sear spring features are highly over rated. The internals of the trigger system are what give you a superior HS trigger. Trigger job in other words.