new coat advise...Champions Choice coat any good?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

coolcruiser

new coat advise...Champions Choice coat any good?

Post by coolcruiser »

So I am looking for a replacement for my Anschutz shooting coat purchased from Creedmore sports. The AHG coat has been good but I was looking for some improvement in support and features. My interest is primary lower level shooting, maybe smallbore at Camp Perry. Does anyone have this coat that I saw last summer at CP? How well does the size fit your normal sizing? Any problems? Is the left arm up against a suede panel? TIA
Attachments
cc80142.jpg
cc80142.jpg (18.21 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
jhmartin

Re: new coat advise...Champions Choice coat any good?

Post by jhmartin »

coolcruiser wrote: How well does the size fit your normal sizing? Any problems? Is the left arm up against a suede panel? TIA
This is a well fitting coat.
On the Left Side Panel ... are you going to shoot in Worldcups/ISSF matches?
USA Shooting has put in the new rules that they will not use the Left Side Panel Rule ... It will be the responsibility of the shooter to conform to the ISSF rule if they shoot in an ISSF match.

The only new clothing rule that USAS is "enforcing" is the trousers seat patch rule ... it must come off.
Almondnj

Post by Almondnj »

Personally I would recommend you speak to Pippa Taylor at TenPointnine Tailoring (http://www.tenpointnine.com/) She made me a jacket last year and it is absolutely brilliant, it is actually designed to shoot prone rifle, unlike anything else on the market today, all of which (in my opinion) are designed with 3P in mind. Pippa not only makes jackets from scratch, but also does a lot of work in modifying and altering "off the peg" jackets so the actually fit the shooter far better.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Almondnj:

Out of curiosity, what was the design improvements over the Thune 600 Prone and Sauer Prone designs that were incorporated into your custom coat from 10.9?

thx
ken
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Almondnj wrote:Personally I would recommend you speak to Pippa Taylor at TenPointnine Tailoring (http://www.tenpointnine.com/)
She certainly has an excellant reputation in the UK, but might not be quite as useful for someone in the US.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

1813benny wrote:Almondnj:

Out of curiosity, what was the design improvements over the Thune 600 Prone and Sauer Prone designs that were incorporated into your custom coat from 10.9?

thx
ken
Ken,

Pippa is the UK agent for Maennel/Hitex, she is also a commercial seanstress. AFAIK she tailors Maennel/Hitex jackets to the individual, although when l met her last year (when she remade my Anschutz fusion) she did mention eventually designing her own prone jacket. Although not a shooter herself,. Pippa has worked out how the jacket needs to fit, and will take it apart to make it fit.

As David noted she's UK based, so not much good for US residents.
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

excuse me for what might seem like a silly question. But what is the seat patch rule? I have a shooting pants purchased from Champions, it has the rubber patch on your bottom like most pants I have seen, does that mean that must be removed?? Seems like a real pain in the A$$, no pun intended. lol
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

ok so I took a closer look at the new rules via the link in the shooters lounge so I think I may have answered my own question. It looks like I need to remove the rubber pad under my butt. However if I am reading the rule correctly you can then place that pad that you removed between your butt and heal of your right foot. Is that correct? Seems kind of odd to go through all that work just to allow that. I think it might even make my position more steady.

I also never realized that you can use your prone matt in kneeling. Might try that as well.

lastly it appears that the straight toe will no longer be permitted, so what do we need to do grind them down? or is that not being enforced yet?

The only real ISSF match that I shoot each year would be the NYS Shooting Festival or Empire State Games, I wonder how much they are going to enforce these rules for this event.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Peakconti wrote:lastly it appears that the straight toe will no longer be permitted, so what do we need to do grind them down? or is that not being enforced yet?
It's best to download the rules from USA Shooting.
From their comments in the rules, the boots are not (yet) being enforced (by USAS)
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

jhmartin wrote:
Peakconti wrote:lastly it appears that the straight toe will no longer be permitted, so what do we need to do grind them down? or is that not being enforced yet?
It's best to download the rules from USA Shooting.
From their comments in the rules, the boots are not (yet) being enforced (by USAS)
Agree with reading them but I thought their new rules were coming in next month - unless I missread them.

Rob.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Rob ... they were posted last Monday (Jan 7th)
Jack S

Post by Jack S »

I just bought this coat. It fits exactly according to your chest size with room for a sweater. Pretty good quality too.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

jhmartin wrote:Rob ... they were posted last Monday (Jan 7th)
Yes, I know, I said coming in in Feb as in 'coming into force' in Feb.

Rob.