Shrinking hold in prone

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Johan_85 wrote:Yesterday I did a test putting my rifle on sandbags and pointing it to the target. The L-value was between 40,x-41. I put a big cardoard box at half the distance to the target but that just changed the point of impact.

I must do some more testing today with and without any lights in the rooms.
I just did a similar test this evening with a rifle in a rest - my USB SCATT gave an L value of 28mm on average for a perfectly still rifle.

That's more than half the L value I get when I'm training with it - I'm holding 50mm in the last second but if the SCATT is producing 28mm of "noise", what is my true L value? And does it really matter?

Turning lights off had no effect, turning the range fans off had no effect, turning heaters off had no effect, in fact nothing we tried made a difference...

The old serial port SCATT I used to use didn't seem to be as random.

Ken.
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

Kenny,
The L value is different from Scatt to Scatt. Mine will do 20 when it's totally still. The important thing is to look at the speed graph,and to have the speed going down when the shot is fired.if you have eccelaration towards the shot,you should work on your triggering and learning how to "listen" to your hurt beat.shoot when the pulse goes down!
Guy.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Guy,

If it's not too much of a hassle, could you post a SCATT file that clearly shows what you mean about acceleration on the speed graph? I bought a wireless SCATT before Christmas and I'm still learning it and this would really help. Thanks!

Jason
gstarik

Post by gstarik »

Jason,
I'm sorry,but this weekend I'm flying to Europe with my shooters. I will try to do it when I come back.
Guy.
KennyB

Post by KennyB »

Jason wrote:Guy,

If it's not too much of a hassle, could you post a SCATT file that clearly shows what you mean about acceleration on the speed graph? I bought a wireless SCATT before Christmas and I'm still learning it and this would really help. Thanks!

Jason
Jason,
have you had a look at this?
http://www.scatt.com/articles/17/pulse-technique/

There's a downloadable file there which is quite enlightening...

Ken.
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

http://www.scatt.com/articles/17/pulse-technique/

The graph on this page displays what Guy was mentioning.

When using the trainer, you will see two graphs displayed: The upper is a total shot average for the session and the bottom graph is for any specific shot.

Dennis L