Anschutz 2007

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Gundog

Anschutz 2007

Post by Gundog »

I have a son who needs to upgrade from a Anshcutz 1451 that he has outgrown both physically and skillfully. He is 13 and his sister uses an Anshutz 1907 with the Precise stock. I am looking at the Anschutz 2007 with the Series 2000 action that Champions Choice has..It has a 500 mm barrel and a bloop tube to keep the weight more to the rear. As his sisters 1907 is too muzzleheavy for him in standing I think this might be the way to go.
Does anyone out there know anything about the Champions
Choice model and especially the Series 2000 action?
Many thanks in advance.
tenring

Post by tenring »

2000 action is great. Getting the short barrel with the tube is good idea. Many like it better for 3P especially. I have it. Love it. Many ways to go. See what other have to say for your young son though. In any case he can surely grow into it. What type of shooting is he doing now?

Best of luck.

tenring
Gundog

Post by Gundog »

Thanks for the comments tenring. Currently he shoots a couple of NRA prone matches a year but mostly does 3P air and smallbore. His air rifle is an Anschutz 8002 with wood stock. He also attended Camp Perry this year for the first time and shot in the 3P Smallbore matches there. The 1451 Anshutz he now uses is ok but a little small and has no provisions to adjust the trigger at all. It is probably in the 3-4 pound range and it is very difficult for him to go from International Air Rifle Standing with a fraction of an ounce trigger pull to the 3P smallbore with the heavy pull.
I was originally looking at the 1903 because it was lighter but figured as fast as he is growing I would just be turning around next season and buying again.
sbrmike

Post by sbrmike »

The 2007 or a 1907 will have a great trigger like the 8002. The 1903 is only marginally better than the 1451 trigger. Buy once and cry once!
Gundog

Post by Gundog »

Thanks for the info on triggers sbrmike. Good triggers account for a lot of points and that's one reason I'm looking at the 2007. By the way, when my dad was living we hunted a lot up in northern Clinton county,adjacent to where you live. It is definitely God's country.
yana

Post by yana »

Dunn what 2007 yr exactly referring to, but I had a 2007 jubilee edition, walnut stock.
It was too heavy for me to use standing. It has a large sight tube, which added extra weight. Also, the pistolgrip was too large, kinda XL style. Dunno wether all 2007 stocks have this.
It was more accurate than my 1807 and 1808 though.
But I wonder wether its weightwise better than the 1907.
I shoot Walther for standing. A KK100, but stock and built are the same vs the KK200 and 300 wood. It lighter up front and overall.
Gundog

Post by Gundog »

From what I understand it is the same wood stock that is on the 1907. The difference is that the barrel is the 1907 diameter but is shortened to 500mm, thus moving the center of gravity to the rear. The tube makes the sight radius the same as the 1907. I don't think it is lighter or heavier than the 1907 because the 2007 action makes up for the weight loss of the shortened barrel, the weight is just shifted to the rear.
The model in question is specially built for Champions Choice by Anschutz-maybe someone out there has one and can comment. Not sure how many were made but they have been in their catalog for a while.