Sauer prone coat vs. the Thune prone coat.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

tenring

Sauer prone coat vs. the Thune prone coat.

Post by tenring »

Just wondering if anyone has seen each and can say anything about either of them?

Thanks,

Tenring
Buckeye

Thune prone coat

Post by Buckeye »

I have a Thune prone jacket I am trying to sell. PM me if interested
BM

Post by BM »

Bump!

I'm into a new jacket myself and have the same discussion going on. I would really appreciate any input on this comparison.
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

I have had both Sauer and KT.And BOTH arrived way off what the provided measurements were! To be fair the KT was returned and it was totally remade without complaint. If anyone is considering mtm gear I would strongly suggest contacting MOUCHE. It is by far the best fitting jacket I have ever had.The only downside with MOUCHE is that I think a lot of people are put of by the outdated web page.Not sure of agents in the US but contact details are on their internet site.
hang

KT jacket

Post by hang »

got measured by local agent, jacket felt strange until I got into position, at that point I knew it was money well spent :-). I got a custom vs off the shelve size.
Jason

Re: KT jacket

Post by Jason »

hang wrote:got measured by local agent, jacket felt strange until I got into position, at that point I knew it was money well spent :-). I got a custom vs off the shelve size.
Which manufacturer did you go with? I'm also mulling over a new jacket but can't decide between a prone or 3-P version.

Jason
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

In the title he referenced KT....
Jason

Post by Jason »

1813benny wrote:In the title he referenced KT....
A ha! You know, I don't think I ever noticed that before. . . .

Jason
hang

Jacket

Post by hang »

Sorry yes it was the Kurt Thune jacket,

If shooting prone only get prone jacket, if shooting 3p then get standard jacket, members in my club have both but prone is best for prone, 3p is a compromise between the 3 positions

Of all money spent after buying the rifle, jacket is the second and most important
dontshootcritters

Post by dontshootcritters »

As Hang has stated prone has prone jacket.Very important and any of the the mtm dealers should be checking that before taking/discussing any order.

Worth noting.You can shoot an ok score sometimes a good/great score with a well fitting jacket and old rifle.Can be hard to get decent scores no matter how new/flash your rifle if the jacket isn't fitting.A jacket should be equal in the purchasing stakes for anyone serious about attaining worthy results.